This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
April 10, 2019 at 5:15 am #3572459

amrikA

As usual I have manually translated a post from English to Hindi and clicked on the Save and Close button. The cursor keeps spinning and the page does not close and publish my Hindi post. Tried number of times by clearing the WPML cache as well as PC cache.

April 10, 2019 at 5:42 am #3572583

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Your WP Memory and the MaxInputVars are not enough : hidden link
As per your hosting package you can have 256MB. Anyhow, I suggest you to increase it to 512MB or the maximum you can and increase MaxInputVars to 10000. Then check the issue.

If that does not help :

Debugging
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/#enabling-the-built-in-debugging-feature-in-wordpress.
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see

Let me know.

Regards,
Riffaz.

April 10, 2019 at 6:58 am #3572913

amrikA

Hi Riffaz,

I am not a techie, so help me understand. You are referring to the memory allotted to WPML and not to the WordPress site in total?

I published a test blog in English and it published fine.

Regards,

Amrik

April 11, 2019 at 5:15 am #3583847

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

You are referring to the memory allotted to WPML and not to the WordPress site in total?
- I mean the allocated memory for WordPress
- your WP memory is 64MB which is not enough.
- You can read further here : http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

I published a test blog in English and it published fine.
- yes, some basic pages can be saved but still the other rich pages or translated pages with many strings will not be saved.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

April 18, 2019 at 3:40 am #3636023

amrikA

Hi Riffaz,

To give you feedback on the issue. My developer has resolved the issue without increasing the memory as suggested by you. The real issue was that the default English language post had a GIF media. The WPML was not supporting the GIF media, we removed the GIF and the post uploaded.

My question now is, does WPML not support GIF media? What should be done in this case?

Thanks,

Amrik

April 18, 2019 at 2:26 pm #3639947

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Do you mean if you have GIF, you can not save the changes in your site?
Could you please explain this with screenshots and URLs ?

Regards,

April 19, 2019 at 7:16 am #3643799

amrikA

Hi,

My original or default English post had a GIF media. I retained the same media in the Hindi translation. The translated post was not saving and the cursor kept spinning. My developer replaced the GIF in the translation with a static image and everything was fine. The Hindi post saved and published.

I cannot send you images as I have replaced the GIF with a static image in English as well as the Hindi post.

What I would like to know is whether WPML is compatible or not with GIF media or am I doing something wrong. The English post with GIF was loading fine.

Regards,

Amrik

April 21, 2019 at 8:53 am #3651915

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

This is strange.
GIF also should work fine with WPML.

Anyhow, this might be a plugin conflict.
To make this sure, we have to reproduce this in a fresh installation.

Please:
1. go to hidden link
2. install your theme
3. configure the WPML as you have it in your site. at the last step just pres next (site key)
4. create only one page
5. reproduce the issue with a GIF image.
6. let us know how to check and how to recreate the issue.

Regards,

The topic ‘[Closed] My new translation is not saving and closing’ is closed to new replies.