Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Beda.

Author Posts
June 13, 2015 at 1:07 pm #637625

sandraL-7

I am trying to: Update My plugin

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see: I can't add new menu items on my multilingual languages

Instead, I got: an error, and no update

June 14, 2015 at 1:37 pm #637817

Beda
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Italian (Italiano )

I apologize deeply the inconveniences you are facing due to this issue. I will try to help you as fast and effective as possible, so you can go on with your project.

It seems you're experiencing 2 different problems.
Can we separate them in different Tickets?

I see you have issues updating WPML, and adding items to your menu.

May I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your additional question?
This will help other users with similar problems to find solutions when searching the forum.

We will handle the "update" issue here in this Thread.

Please follow as outlined below.

❌ IMPORTANT ❌
1. Please do NOT update to WPML 3.2 if you have any ongoing ICL translations
2. Please take a full backup of your Website and Database before you proceed.

★ INSTRUCTIONS:

❌ Backup your website and database ❌
• Deactivate/Delete the "Installer" plugin (if you have it)
• Deactivate all WPML plugins
• Login via FTP to your wp-content/plugins folder
• Delete all WPML folders
• Go to http://wpml.org/my-account/downloads/ and download the latest stable WPML Multilingual CMS Plugin, then extract it.
• Upload the plugin via FTP to the wp-content/plugins folder.
⌥ alternatively you could upload the .zip file using Dashboard > Plugins > New > Upload
• Activate the WPML plugin via WP Dashboard > Plugins
• Complete the setup, if needed
• Register WPML for your site (at the end of setup, clic on "generate key" button)
• Navigate to Dashboard > Plugins and locate WPML Multilingual CMS
• Clic on the blue link that says "Registered"
• Download and activate all needed WPML AddOn Plugins

This should not generate any problems.

⌥ In case you want to register WPML for your site manually please make sure to enter the naked URL of your site in wpml.org (something like hidden link)

⌥ In the extreme case, please try to register with all non-WPML Plugins deactivated,
and Theme Twenty Fourteen enabled.

Please let me know if you see any issues doing so.

If you see any errors, please report the exact context of those.

If you will receive a WPOD (White Page of Death), Please enalbe the WP Debug Mode in your wp-config.php file and reload your website, so you can copy and paste the error that will appear.

If you can't access your WP Admin due to the WPOD, please follow as instructed here:

1. Access your FTP folder wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms and rename it to sitepress-multilingual-cms-old

2. This will deactivate your WPML plugin and you should be able to access the Admin again.

Please don't hesitate to inform me in case the issue persists

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] My PLugin Wont update’ is closed to new replies.