Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ireneL-3 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ross.

Author Posts
April 6, 2015 at 11:25 am #594189

ireneL-3

I am trying to: it was working oerfectly in the 3 laanguages, the only thing I did was to translated the name of the categories and then the 2 pages started to show empty

I visited this URL:

I expected to see: hidden link

Instead, I got: empty page in english and italian portfolio page hidden link and hidden link

April 6, 2015 at 7:06 pm #594502

Ross

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

I see that you are on an older version of WPML. You can download the latest released versions under “My Account -> Downloads” on this site.

Instructions to update can be found here: http://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#2

Be sure to backup first before you proceed! You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose. See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Once up to date, go to Settings>Permalinks and tap Save, this can often resolve issues with Permalinks after changing settings.

Please let me know once you have completed the steps and if it resolves the issue, thanks!

April 7, 2015 at 12:05 am #594641

ireneL-3

Hi Ross,

I follow your instruction, update the plugins and click on Save in permalinks but stil have the same problem.
What else I could do?

thanks for your help
KR,
Carlotta

April 7, 2015 at 4:38 pm #595207

Ross

Thank you for your reply!

The next step would be sure that your custom post type is translated into each language. We can do this by:

Go to WPML->Translation Management and click on the Multilingual Content Setup tab.

Then, make sure Portfolio is marked as translatable and translate:
hidden link

We have a full guide here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-page-slugs/

After this is done, you may need to edit your menu links.

At the end, your slugs should be something like:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

Keeping in mind, your specific setup may differ.

I look forward to your responce as if this works!

April 7, 2015 at 9:09 pm #595367

ireneL-3

Hi Ross,

I'll try to follow everything you sent me.

Now I would like to ask you why when I upload new versions of the plugins I loose some of the translation I already did?

In this case I've lost almost all the italian language...

thanks
CArlotta

April 7, 2015 at 11:11 pm #595412

ireneL-3

Hi Ross,

I marked the Portfolio as translatable, but I do not understand the last part of "After this is done, you may need to edit your menu links."

but worst thing, now I cannot visualize any of my single portfolios... I got 404 error trying to enter in them.
Everything is really instable, everytime I touch or update something I miss translation or I got errors.
Yesterday I translate the text I have in the singles portfolios and the translation is gone.

it is really frustrating as I need to pluclish the page but I continues to get problems.

April 8, 2015 at 2:24 pm #595868

Ross

I can certainly understand how this can be frustrating, it's important we get your site working normally!

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you!

April 9, 2015 at 3:47 pm #596729

Ross

Thank you for your patience!

I've checked your site and all seems well, it should work. I'm getting my Senior Supporter to take a look at it.

We will provide an update soon.

April 10, 2015 at 3:59 pm #597420

ireneL-3

Hi...

so why it is not working properly and I cannot see the portfolio page?

thanks for your help
Carlotta

April 13, 2015 at 1:18 pm #598348

Ross

I hope you had a nice weekend!

Please check:
I expected to see:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

We updated our plugins recently and it seems to have fixed the problem, please let me know how your tests go!

April 13, 2015 at 1:55 pm #598382

ireneL-3

Hi Ross,

I solved the problem but not updating the plugins.
I did again all my portfolios... horrible work to be done a second time but no other solution was fixing the problem to get empty pages.

Don't know why.

thanks anyway for you help.
I hope that wont' happen again!

KR,
carlotta

April 23, 2015 at 11:54 am #604762

ireneL-3

Hi Ross,...

this is incredible as I have again the same problem and DO NOT WANT manually create again all my portfolios!!!!

my URLs in the single portfolio page have to be:
- hidden link
- hidden link
- hidden link

and then when I wnter in the single portfolios pages the URL has to mantain the same and then add only the name of the single portfolio. English is working fine, but in italian and spanish I cannot enter in anyone of the single portfolios as when I click on one of them the URL automatically change to something like:
- hidden link
- hidden link

only thing I did yesterday was to sync the menus (with the WP Menu Sync plugin of WPML) to resolve another URL problem I got with the menu translation.. I resolved that problem but I got this other one!!!

PLease help urgently as my web is now officially online!
thanks and regards
CArlotta