This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Revise services page, but changes don't appear in advanced translation editor. I want to sync the revisions with the Chinese translation.

Solution: Editing the page in the default language -> Make a small change -> Saving the change and updating the translation solved the problem

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 week, 3 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
September 29, 2019 at 12:45 am #4659409

kevinD-24

I am trying to: Revise services page, but changes don't appear in advanced translation editor. I want to sync the revisions with the Chinese translation.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see : the revisions that appear in English on the live page in the translation editor or better yet, in Chinese.

Instead, I got: no visible changes.

September 30, 2019 at 10:48 am #4663851

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- I'm truly sorry but I don't understand the issue 🙁

Can you please elaborate a little more so I can better understand?

2.- Please provide the debug information of the site. In this link you will find the steps to follow: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Kind regards,
Carlos

September 30, 2019 at 1:41 pm #4664931

kevinD-24

I have included the debug info and will do so in the future. I hope you can help me resolve this issue asap. Thanks

September 30, 2019 at 2:29 pm #4665307

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for providing the debug information.

Please increase the PHP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

- Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Could you tell me if the issue persists?

Regards,
Carlos

October 1, 2019 at 2:53 am #4668485

kevinD-24

I entered the code but not sure where to go from here. Again, on the English version of the website, services page states 'on sale now' and discounted prices, yet when i go to translation editor these changes aren't listed. Please help me solve this matter. I very much appreciate it.

October 1, 2019 at 11:06 am #4671457

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I'm sorry but I still don't fully understand the issue. Could you describe step-by-step how to reproduce it? Please attach screenshots so I can have a better understanding.

You can also add a download link with a screenscast of the issue.

Looking forward to your message.
Regards,
Carlos

October 1, 2019 at 6:48 pm #4674875

kevinD-24

Hi Carlos,

I have attached a screenshot of my services webpage / and the advanced translator page which doesn't have any of the revisions my website has. I'm wondering why these aren't appearing, i would like to translate to Chinese.

October 2, 2019 at 6:14 am #4677257

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I can see all the content translated in the Chinese version: hidden link

I'm still not sure what do you mean by 'revisions' in the site. Could you attach a screenshot that shows this 'revisions'?

Regards,
Carlos

October 2, 2019 at 6:06 pm #4682565

kevinD-24

Sorry Carlos, let me specify. The revisions are: for each class I added ON SALE NOW with a discount price. These appear in the English website but do not appear in the advanced translator in English. I want to include these discounts in the Chinese translation.

October 3, 2019 at 6:36 am #4684815

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you very much your clarification. This time I understood the issue.

1.- Could you describe the steps to add/edit this discount prices in the courses?

2.- I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Regards,
Carlos

October 4, 2019 at 12:41 am #4691819

kevinD-24

Ok I have backed up my word press website and can provide server access to help fix this problem.

October 4, 2019 at 10:47 am #4694929

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I have set your next answer private and there you will find the fields to provide the credentials in a secure way.

Regards,
Carlos

October 7, 2019 at 11:06 am #4706491

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you very much for the information provided.

In this case it seems that the Divi element you are using for showing this content is no yet compatible with WPML. In this case the fastest way to translate the content is by manually switching the language in the admin menu and editing the page without going through Advance Translation Editor.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.
Regards,
Carlos

October 7, 2019 at 1:24 pm #4707789

kevinD-24

Carlos, this problem has now persisted for over a week. One of my main reasons for signing up with WPML is that i liked the layout of the advanced translation editor. All my revisions have worked in the past and now I add just a few more lines and somehow they are not there. Why would i not be able to use the advanced editor to edit? Please tell me what Divi element is? I need to solve this problem quickly. too much time has been wasted. Thank you for your help - Kevin

October 7, 2019 at 1:36 pm #4707859

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Kevin,

Could you confirm that this translations were previously working correctly? Also, could you re-create the issue in a new page?

I'm sorry for this issue taking this long, I'm doing my best to find a solution.

Regards,
Carlos