This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Last week my second language not display and WPML ask me to set a language

Solution: Please follow the steps in this order: - Run the WPML wizard and finish the Language setup. - Update WPML plugins.

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
July 19, 2019 at 9:38 am

agenceB-2

I am trying to: Last 6 month, i installed WPML and a second language with pages.
Last week my second language not display and WPML ask me to set a language!!!

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

Does all my translations are lost???? It's a very big problem if so...
Please need a quick assistance!

July 19, 2019 at 4:18 pm
July 19, 2019 at 5:53 pm #4247745

agenceB-2

Thanks you very much for your quick and pro answer.

Before going ahead with your comment, i would like to understand what happended:
1- what makes the 2nd language crashed? Seems all WPML lost the settings?

2- where are the english pages (second language): If i setup wpml on backend as asked, does it will recovered all english pages or does it will overwrite them with blanck?

3- If i can easily recover english pages setting another wmpl i will really prefer doing like this WITHOUT following all your steps with stage server.

So can i set another time wpml, auto recover english pages and if a problem occure doing like this i will use your stage server solution. Possible ? Thanks for help!

July 20, 2019 at 1:08 pm #4249885

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

1.- This could be caused by several issues, starting with a conflict with a third party functionality to a problem with the site's evironment (hosting). I don't have enough information to give you a definitive answer.

2.- It is possible that is you setup the languages in WPML the content would be show in their respective languages as before the issue. However I would recommend to make a full backup of the site before doing so in case you need to restore it.

3.- Yes, If you apply the steps of the second point and it doesn't work, we still can use the test site.

Regards,
Carlos

July 20, 2019 at 3:27 pm #4250237

agenceB-2

So...
I just make a updraft+ full backup.
And have 2 questions:

1- In your opinion will I have any chance to recover my english pages if I set up the english language wpml a second time?

2- at your opinion will it erase the english pages?

July 21, 2019 at 8:49 am #4251789

agenceB-2

Hi,
ok i just made the WP Migration you asked me in your first answer.
It will be perfect if you can solve this issue on the stage site, that we can display my english language on the main website. (please register what solutions you found that we can redo on the main website).
It's very urgent and my client is waiting for!
Thank you in advance for you very profressional support!

July 21, 2019 at 4:52 pm #4252843

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your messages.

I ran the WPML setup in the test site and all came back normally. I suggest you to follow this steps in the live site:
- Create a full backup of the site for security reasons.
- Update all outdated plugins and themes.
- Go to WPML -> Languages -> Run the installation wizard (all options should be already pre-selected) -> Finish the installation.

Could you confirm that the issue is solved?
Regards,
Carlos

July 22, 2019 at 9:39 am #4255529

agenceB-2

Hi Carlos and Thanks for testing.
I'm sorry but i prefere to go ahead step by step.
So i upadted plugins but no WPML who is 4.0.7 (because have only 1 activated on account).

What did you do on the stage website? Did you updated WPML?
I cant know it because i cant login (forget my password and Lostpassword mail did send)

My question is: can i now proceed to Run the WPML installation wizard to recovered my english pages?
Or do i mandatory need to update WPML?
I don't see on the stage website the english language are you sure it works? Can you activate it to show me.

July 22, 2019 at 1:02 pm #4257585

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

Please follow the steps in this order:
- Run the WPML wizard and finish the Language setup.
- Update WPML plugins.

Regards,
Carlos

July 22, 2019 at 2:23 pm #4258611

agenceB-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

July 23, 2019 at 11:59 am #4265777

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved 🙂

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.
Best regards,
Carlos