This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hamidT-3 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
July 18, 2019 at 8:59 pm #4242303

hamidT-3

I am trying to:
I am using Betheme belongs to muffin group, I had a problem with duplicate of page for other language. when the support team from betheme show me the guide in setup, we understand the setting of WPML is different as usual. for example there is no section called: How to translate post and page

Also there is another problem, I relocate the language switcher from main menu to top menu, but in the top menu the dropdown not working and it doesn't show other language
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
WPML , setting
I expected to see:

Instead, I got:
I am sharing my wpml setting and the setting that it need to show like that

July 18, 2019 at 11:32 pm #4242549

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML!

First of all, please make sure you have updated version of all WPML addons and install WPML Translation Management as well.

In order to help you with the language switcher, I would need to be able to see your site. Currently it is throwing DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error as you can see in the attached screenshot.

Please get that resolved and let me know so that I can debug further.

July 19, 2019 at 8:57 pm #4248247

hamidT-3

Dear Support,

the website is online and working. please check

July 19, 2019 at 11:05 pm #4248487

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Your site works now. I reviewed it and found that HTML for the different languages in language switcher is not added to the page. This only happens if the page is not fully translated. Please look at your pages and make sure they are fully translated.

Can you please confirm the language switcher worked in main menu? Please add it back there so that I can check.

Best,

July 20, 2019 at 1:18 pm #4249921

hamidT-3

Hi there,

sir, I explained all issue in my first post, I think, we are not in the same picture! what are you talking about? did you read what I explained in my first post? am I wasting my time here? please read my first post which I explained everything.
maybe you are freshman there or you think I am a naive person. Sir of course I know if the page is not fully translated the language switcher not working. sir, I am waiting for your short answer for 1 2 days, kindly please don't waste my time by wrong answer and read the post carefully.

The language switcher is working is the main menu, but there is a problem. by first click it doesn't go to another language, usually I need to click 2 times on language switcher to go to another language page.

July 22, 2019 at 2:01 am #4253113

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for your patience.

The language switcher in your top menu is only outputting the HTML for English language which is why there is no way to click on the language and switch there. I've attached the screenshot of the issue.

That would mean either the page is not translated to 100% or the theme is removing the HTML from language switcher in menu.

That is why I asked you to enable the language switcher on Main Menu so that I can see if the page is fully translated or not.

To make things quicker, I would like to request WordPress login details to your site so that I can check myself. I would also like to ask your permission to possibly modify minimal WPML Settings.

I've marked your next reply as private so that only you and I can have access to it.

July 23, 2019 at 9:25 am #4264585

hamidT-3

during chat session I solved my problems. thanks in advance

July 23, 2019 at 9:26 am #4264587

hamidT-3

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!