Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 26 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
January 18, 2021 at 9:04 pm #7872989

jeffreyV-9

Thank you. Do you have an estimated date for this to be solved or a workaround provided? Thanks.

January 19, 2021 at 6:55 am #7874885

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA for this, but I can see our developers are working on this. They have isolated the query and looking for an option on how to improve the performance of it. Only some kind of workaround we can sugest for now, is to comment out this part of the code, which isn't really a workaround but hopefully, it helps so you can continue your work on the website until we have a fix.

Can you please try it on your staging site and see if it helps out:

- Go to wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/user/class-wpml-translation-roles-records.php and comment-out the function code and return always "true" like this:

public function has_users_with_capability() {
//		$sql = "
//				SELECT EXISTS(
//				   SELECT user_id
//				   FROM {$this->wpdb->usermeta}
//				   WHERE meta_key = '{$this->wpdb->prefix}capabilities' AND meta_value LIKE %s
//				)
//			";
//
//		$sql = $this->wpdb->prepare( $sql, '%' . $this->get_capability() . '%' );

return true;//		return (bool) $this->wpdb->get_var( $sql );
	}

Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Drazen

January 25, 2021 at 6:48 pm #7925225

jeffreyV-9

I applied the suggested change with no effect, site is still slow.

Any progress on this?

January 26, 2021 at 7:13 am #7927767

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for the feedback.

I will be sharing it with our developers and update you when I have some news.

As for progress, I can see they working on it, but for now we do not have new info to share.

I will update you soon.

Kind regards,
Drazen

January 26, 2021 at 8:35 am #7928275

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

our developers are asking for more information.

After applying the workaround, can you please share where is the site still slow, what are you checking and how is slow?

Are we still talking and checking it by going to WPML > Translation Management?

Maybe you can make a video showing it is still slow after applying a workaround. You can use free tools like Loom.

Thank you.
Drazen

February 26, 2021 at 2:45 pm #8181977

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

please check my last reply above, and let us know your feedback.

Thanks,
Drazen

March 3, 2021 at 8:07 pm #8221693

jeffreyV-9

Please see this recording:

hidden link

Slowness happens randomly while loading wp-admin pages. I guess it's because queries are cached and every few seconds or page loads a new query is performed. But the issue is there.

We have a big translation in progress and we need this solved soon in order to make the changes live and don't affect real users.

March 4, 2021 at 7:50 am #8224621

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for getting back, I have forwarded your reply to our developer's team and will update you as soon as I have some news.

Thanks and kind regards,
Drazen

March 4, 2021 at 10:41 am #8226477

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

our developers have checked and confirm this issue.

Our team will be checking on how to optimize these queries, so the load time decreases.

Please note it might take some time.

I will update you when I have some news.

Thanks and kind regards,
Drazen

April 6, 2021 at 11:20 pm #8477227
jeffreyV-9

Any news on this? Our site dashboard is unusable with this bug. We have spent thousands of dollars on translation services already but can't push anything live until resolved.

New threads created by Riffaz and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-my-site-dashboard-is-extremely-slow-with-wpml-enabled/

April 7, 2021 at 5:58 am #8478641

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

I am sorry for any inconvenience, and as said fixing, this issue will take some time.

Let me check with our developers if there is anything we can do to help out or provide any quick fix.

Thanks,
Drazen

April 7, 2021 at 7:08 am #8478981

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

I have checked with our developers and it seems the workaround we shared with you before, should help you out. The only problem that is still causing slowness is visiting the Translation Jobs page.

You showed us very clearly in your video: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/my-site-dashboard-is-extremely-slow-with-wpml-enabled/page/2/#post-8221693

Can you please share again a new video, showing us what happens and what seems to be the problem, and where it happens. Since it should work fine, the issue is caused by visiting the Translation Job page, but otherwise, I think it should work fine.

Please let us know.

Thanks,
Drazen

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.