Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 30, 2019 at 10:53 pm #3926449

alexG-35

The site header is getting expanded downward on my translated pages. In English, everything is acting normally. It seems as if its the page title showing up for some reason. I have my page titles disabled in Elementor and through another plugin.

I attached an image of the expanded header and also of the inspected element causing the problem.

If I delete that element in the Google Inspection tool, the issue disappears.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

May 31, 2019 at 1:14 am #3926889

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

HI There,

please go to Pages->Edit page->Click on the top bar language switcher and switch to the secondary language(Right click and open in a new tab)

this will keep you within the Page builder view of WordPress. Now examine your settings for the translation as there might be some settings enabling the header within the translation

let me know your results please

May 31, 2019 at 6:38 pm #3932697

alexG-35

That worked! Do you know why my settings were not transferred over to the translated page, and how I can avoid that in the future?

Thanks for your help.

May 31, 2019 at 9:14 pm #3933337

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Im glad to hear this worked !

If you access your default language page and scroll down to the bottom at there might be an option to set specific taxonomies and settings to copy over when creating translations.

If it is not listed there then it depends which settings controls this , sometimes certain settings just dont copy over and this is mainly depended on the theme or plugin authors.

A way this can be avoided is by instead of clicking on "+" to add a translation you can "duplicate" the page and then this would carry over all your settings then just add the translation

The topic ‘[Closed] My site header is acting strangely on my translated pages’ is closed to new replies.