We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
July 8, 2019 at 9:02 am

martenv-4

I am trying to: Have a normal running site

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: my site

Instead, I got:my site after 20 seconds.

July 8, 2019 at 10:37 am
July 8, 2019 at 6:08 pm #4164873

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

To best troubleshoot the issue, please make a snapshot of your site using the Duplicator plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/. This will allow me to try and duplicate the error so that I can run further tests without interrupting your live site.

Once the snapshot is complete, either upload the snapshot ZIP file and the installer.php file to a file sharing service such as Dropbox (and share the link in your reply) or right click the Duplicator links in your wp-admin and paste in your reply.

Please note: It is important to reduce the size of the package so please exclude some paths like /cache or /uploads and also exclude archives and media files.

I will also need the username and password of an account that was created BEFORE creating the duplicator package.

I will enable the next reply to be private so only you and I have access to it!

July 8, 2019 at 7:07 pm
July 9, 2019 at 4:20 pm #4173007

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for sending the Duplicator files. I found that with only WPML plugins activated, the site was loading quickly. I then activated plugins one at a time and found that the WooCommerce Admin and the WooCommerce Services plugins seem to add a lot of load time, so there may be a conflict there. Are you able to temporarily disable these plugins on your live site to check and see if you have the same results?

I also see that Yoast is adding a few seconds, so I would suggest updating Yoast to the latest version, too. Please let me know your results.

July 10, 2019 at 7:00 am #4176457

martenv-4

Thank you Lauren.

I disabled the 3 plugins you mentioned and the site is still slow, it takes 6 seconds to load the home page. Without the WPML plugins it's really quick. The hosting is shared, is this an issue?

I have these plugins from WPML, I have no idea what each does but do I need all of them? Are there ones that I can go without?
WPML media
Multilingual CMS
String translation
Translation management

July 10, 2019 at 3:07 pm #4181971

Lauren
Supporter

What is the load time you are getting with only WooCommerce and WPML plugins? I tested this locally and I have a load time of just over 2 seconds. It could be due to shared hosting, but I suspect a conflict with another plugin could be causing the issue.

If you have similar results as my screenshot, please next try activating the plugins one at a time until you see one that is increasing the load time, and then we can continue testing.

July 10, 2019 at 3:19 pm #4182067

martenv-4

How do you get that bar that shows load time?

July 10, 2019 at 3:38 pm #4182239

Lauren
Supporter

I installed the free Query Monitor plugin from Plugins ->Add New.

July 10, 2019 at 3:52 pm #4182389

martenv-4

I deactivated everything except WPML and Woocommerce and got 8.5 seconds.
Then I deactivated all WPML (so only woocommerce left) and got 1.9 sec.
Then everything except WMPL and got 4.6 seconds.

July 10, 2019 at 6:58 pm
July 10, 2019 at 7:00 pm #4183975

Lauren
Supporter

I have sent you a private reply. Please let me know once the site has been migrated and we can continue troubleshooting there, where we will be able to see the same load times with our tests. Thanks!

July 12, 2019 at 2:29 pm #4199791

martenv-4

I have followed the steps. Whats next?

July 12, 2019 at 3:24 pm #4200101

Lauren
Supporter

I just logged in and tested the site. Without making changes, I loaded the site two times. The load time from the front end is showing 1.21 seconds (this is with WPML installed) and the backend is 2.5 seconds.

If you have these same configurations on your live site and are still seeing load times over 6 seconds, then I suggest asking your host provider what they can do from there end.

The topic ‘[Closed] my site is super slow. When I deactivate WPML, it's fine.’ is closed to new replies.