This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by chia-yingF 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
July 11, 2019 at 8:23 am #4187317
chia-yingF

I am trying to: use the language switcher to switch my entire front page including four sections to Chinese.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the front page include four sections are translated to Chinese when I switch language.

Instead, I got: the front page switched but four sections remain the same.

New threads created by Noman and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-to-use-custom-flag/

July 11, 2019 at 11:42 am #4189395

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. If your home page sections are added from Customizer/Theme options then you can translate it by following this doc:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

If still issue persists, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

July 14, 2019 at 3:36 pm #4205805

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

Could you please let me know where from you have added these four sections as I am unable to find them. I couldn’t review theme files as FTP not provided and I have also tried to install file manager plugin to check theme files but this plugin also not supported in your site.

For your second question/issue, I have created a new ticket since this is a separate issue. Here is the link to the new ticket: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-to-use-custom-flag/

Thank you

July 15, 2019 at 2:53 am #4206545

chia-yingF

Hi
I added from here

July 15, 2019 at 8:50 am #4208447

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

I already checked these pages but I couldn’t find section images there. Could you please provide me page link/screenshot from where you have added these section images.
hidden link

Thank you

July 15, 2019 at 8:55 am #4208503

chia-yingF

Hi,

These images are feature images of different pages, the theme enable you to add different pages into different sections and the feature images of the selected pages will be shown.

July 15, 2019 at 3:45 pm #4213055

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for more details. I need to check plugin conflict in your site. To do it I need to deactivate all plugins except WPML but deactivate option is not available as you can see in the attached screenshot also I can’t see admin bar. Can you please let me know how can I enable admin bar and how can I deactivate plugins?

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

July 16, 2019 at 3:08 am #4215427

chia-yingF

Hi

You can click the deactivate button under each plugins
and sorry I don't know what the admin bar is.

Thanks for your patience.

July 16, 2019 at 5:04 pm #4222517

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

I have thoroughly check and debug this issue, below are my findings:

1.I have added featured image translation from WPML >> Media Translation as you can see in the attached screenshot, but updated image not showing at frontend of your site.

2. Then I disabled All plugins but result was same.

3. Then I activated WP Default theme (twenty seventeen) then it showing correct translated image -- you can try that as well.

4. I cannot find this theme in our verified compatibility theme list: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

I recommend you to please ask Ovation theme author so they can advise you on latest compatibility of their Theme and WPML or fix this issue.

Thank you

July 17, 2019 at 2:50 am #4225291

chia-yingF

Hi
My question is that when I switched to mandarin, the front page indeed switched to mandarin. However when I scroll down to browse the following sections as you can see in the pictures I provide ( mandarin 3 and mandarin 2 ), they still remain English.( these sections are added from custom theme)
How do I get them all switched to mandarin not just the front page?

July 17, 2019 at 3:40 pm #4231805

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

I have followed the below steps in order to fix this issue:

1. I have logged in to your site and searched translated page IDs (934, 1014, 951, 945) strings in WPML >> String Translation respectively.

2. Then I added page IDs translation from WPML >> String Translation and now sections showing correct in secondary language in frontend as you can see in the attached screenshot.

Could you please check and confirm?

Thank you

July 18, 2019 at 6:23 am #4235239

chia-yingF

Hi,

Thank you for your help !!! It's all good now!

July 18, 2019 at 6:25 am #4235241

Noman
Supporter

Glad to hear your issue is resolved 🙂

July 18, 2019 at 6:22 pm #4241797

Noman
Supporter

Please mark this ticket as resolved and leave some rating if you can 🙂 thanks