This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
April 12, 2019 at 12:15 pm

deboraS-3

Hi I installed WPML on my website an everything worked fine until i translated my portfolio.

Portfolio is working only in the main language (IT) but if i try to open the portfolio item in english or french, it gives me a 404 error, I also tried to refresh permalinks but the problem did not resolve

April 12, 2019 at 1:33 pm #3599487

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

1. I have noticed that your website’s WP Memory Limit is 40MB. The WP memory limit needs to be increased as the minimum requirement for WPML is 128Mb WP Memory Limit: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

❌ Very important: please make a backup of your site (files & database) before following any of the upcoming steps ❌

Please add this to your wp-config.php file to increase WP memory:

/* WP Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Paste it just before:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

These settings can be limited directly by your hosting provider, so, if that’s the case, I recommend you to contact and ask them to modify them directly. If you can get even higher values It would be great.

Please make sure you have updated the values successfully, You can verify them from WPML >> Support page.

2. Can you please go here (hidden link) and update the plugins to the latest version? Just make sure you create a full backup of the site first.

3. Can you please let me know how is the Portfolio custom post type added? Is it coming with the theme that you are using? Or is it coming from a plugin that you are using? If yes, what is the name of the plugin?

4. Can you please let me know how did you translate the portfolio elements? I mean what are the exact steps that you followed when you did that?

5. You can also try to follow the next steps to see if they make any difference:

❌ Before proceeding please make a full website backup! ❌

Go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting

Press the following buttons:
• "Clear the cache in WPML"
• "Remove ghost entries from the translation tables"
• "Fix element_type collation"
• "Set language information"
• "Fix terms count"
• "Fix post type assignment for translations"

Please let me know if anything changes after following any of the steps above.

Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

April 15, 2019 at 11:50 am #3613157

deboraS-3

Ok I did all the steps you suggested me but the problem remains

The Portfolio post type comes with my template (Composer)

For translating the portfolio I opened the Italian one and then clicked on the 'language' tab in the right of the screen, selected the language and duplicated the post type for english and french, then edited the other two portfolios...

CAn you please help me??

April 16, 2019 at 7:03 am #3618583

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the confirmation!

I would like to duplicate the site on a testing environment and I would need your written approval in order to do that.

Can you please let me know if that would be ok for you?

The duplicated site will be deleted after we find the issue.

Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Mihai

April 16, 2019 at 7:08 am #3618621

deboraS-3

Yes, thank you very much

April 17, 2019 at 12:45 pm #3630817

deboraS-3

Any news for my issue???

April 18, 2019 at 9:40 am #3637841

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer yet but I am still "digging".

I will get back to you as soon as I have any feedback.

Depending on the issue, the debugging and finding a solution sometimes can take less or more time but I am doing my best to get back to you in the best timely fashion possible. 🙂

Thank you for your understanding and for your patience.

I am also leaving this ticket assigned to me like I did till now.

Kind regards,
Mihai

April 18, 2019 at 9:41 am #3637843

deboraS-3

Thank you very much!!!!

April 19, 2019 at 5:13 pm #3647713

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

From what I was able to find, it seems that this is a known compatibility issue (the Composer theme is not part of the official WPML-compatible theme directory here: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/) and the current workaround for this can be found below:

- Edit the "class-post-types.php" file found inside the wp-content/plugins/amz-composer-plugins/class/ directory, go to line 33 and set hierarchical to false and then save the file

Please let me know how it goes. This should solve your issue.

I would have loved to test it but the FTP credentials you shared with me are not working for me so if you want, you can try the solution I presented above.

I will be waiting for your response.

Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week in case you answer this weekend.

Kind regards,
Mihai

April 19, 2019 at 5:24 pm #3647783

deboraS-3

it works!! thank you a lot!!!

April 19, 2019 at 5:38 pm #3647837

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

I am very happy to hear! 🙂

Can you also please mark this ticket as resolved?

Thank you so much and have an amazing weekend!

Also, please never hesitate to get back to us whenever you need more help with WPML.

Kind regards,
Mihai