Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rajeeb Banstola 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
July 9, 2019 at 2:42 am

abeA

I am trying to: install and activate String Translation, and after I clicked activate

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: ba3capital.com

I expected to see: successful

Instead, I got: website crashes: the site is experiencing technical difficulties.

July 9, 2019 at 3:22 am #4167077

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML!

First of all, please make sure your server meets all the requirements for running WPML:

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Then, try to activate the plugin again. If it still doesn't work, switch to a default theme temporarily, disable all non-WPML plugins and see if you can get activated.

Let me know how this goes!

July 9, 2019 at 4:31 am #4167467

abeA

Hi Raj I checked all requirement it seems ok. I think it's because of my Brooklyn theme cuz I aw the same question here https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-string-translation-is-causing-the-server-to-crash/

July 11, 2019 at 10:46 pm #4193461

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Did you switch to a default theme and activated String Translation? Did that work?

I tried to login with the details you provided but those no longer seem to be working. I would login details to take a look at your site and permission to enable/disable themes, plugins. Please let me know if that's okay or not.

Best,

July 12, 2019 at 12:33 pm #4198719

abeA

Hi Raj, thanks for following up. I just tried update my theme and it seems working now. If you wanna check the backend of the website please use the same username and password: 123456
Thanks!

July 16, 2019 at 2:11 am #4215057

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Glad to know it is resolved. I've closed the ticket. If you need any help, you can either reply here or open a new ticket.