This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rajeeb Banstola 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
July 9, 2019 at 2:42 am

abeA

I am trying to: install and activate String Translation, and after I clicked activate

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: ba3capital.com

I expected to see: successful

Instead, I got: website crashes: the site is experiencing technical difficulties.

July 9, 2019 at 3:22 am #4167077

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML!

First of all, please make sure your server meets all the requirements for running WPML:

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Then, try to activate the plugin again. If it still doesn't work, switch to a default theme temporarily, disable all non-WPML plugins and see if you can get activated.

Let me know how this goes!

July 9, 2019 at 4:31 am #4167467

abeA

Hi Raj I checked all requirement it seems ok. I think it's because of my Brooklyn theme cuz I aw the same question here https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-string-translation-is-causing-the-server-to-crash/

July 11, 2019 at 10:46 pm #4193461

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Did you switch to a default theme and activated String Translation? Did that work?

I tried to login with the details you provided but those no longer seem to be working. I would login details to take a look at your site and permission to enable/disable themes, plugins. Please let me know if that's okay or not.

Best,

July 12, 2019 at 12:33 pm #4198719

abeA

Hi Raj, thanks for following up. I just tried update my theme and it seems working now. If you wanna check the backend of the website please use the same username and password: 123456
Thanks!

July 16, 2019 at 2:11 am #4215057

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Glad to know it is resolved. I've closed the ticket. If you need any help, you can either reply here or open a new ticket.