Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
October 2, 2020 at 1:33 pm #7151401

Alessandro

In the recovery mode it appear the following message "An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 28 of the file /home/vz3pdaa5/public_html/yaluronica.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/translations/class-wpml-translation-element.php. Error message: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: Argument ID must be numeric and greater than 0. in /home/vz3pdaa5/public_html/yaluronica.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/translations/class-wpml-translation-element.php:28 Stack trace: #0 /home/vz3pdaa5/public_html/yaluronica.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/translations/class-wpml-translation-element-factory.php(41): WPML_Translation_Element->__construct(0, Object(SitePress), NULL) #1 /home/vz3pdaa5/public_html/yaluronica.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/translations/class-wpml-translation-element-factory.php(33): WPML_Translation_Element_Factory->create_post(0) #2 /home/vz3pdaa5/public_html/yaluronica.com/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/words-count/hooks/wpml-tm-word-count-refresh-hooks.php(39): WPML_Translation_Element_Factory->create(0, 'post') #3 /home/vz3pdaa5/public_html/yaluronica.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(289): WPML_TM_Word_Count_Refresh_Hooks->refresh_post_wor"

In the recovery mode it appear the following message "An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 28 of the file /home/vz3pdaa5/public_html/yaluronica.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/translations/class-wpml-translation-element.php. Error message: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: Argument ID must be numeric and greater than 0. in /home/vz3pdaa5/public_html/yaluronica.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/translations/class-wpml-translation-element.php:28 Stack trace: #0 /home/vz3pdaa5/public_html/yaluronica.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/translations/class-wpml-translation-element-factory.php(41): WPML_Translation_Element->__construct(0, Object(SitePress), NULL) #1 /home/vz3pdaa5/public_html/yaluronica.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/translations/class-wpml-translation-element-factory.php(33): WPML_Translation_Element_Factory->create_post(0) #2 /home/vz3pdaa5/public_html/yaluronica.com/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/words-count/hooks/wpml-tm-word-count-refresh-hooks.php(39): WPML_Translation_Element_Factory->create(0, 'post') #3 /home/vz3pdaa5/public_html/yaluronica.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(289): WPML_TM_Word_Count_Refresh_Hooks->refresh_post_wor"

October 2, 2020 at 2:22 pm #7151863

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello, you got disconnected, so could you please provide us with information about your environment by following these steps: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/ (please add the debug information in the related field i just enabled for you and not in the reply field)

October 2, 2020 at 2:32 pm #7151949

Alessandro

Here are my debug info

October 6, 2020 at 4:08 am #7169551

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

1. Go to WPML -> Support -> troubleshooting -> Removing ghost entries from the database

2. Go to your database tables and review them. Verify that the Primary Key is set to AUTO INCREMENT.

If it is not, this could cause the fatal errors.

October 9, 2020 at 1:35 pm #7198897

Alessandro

Unfortunately the issue is still present.

October 9, 2020 at 7:14 pm #7201249

Bobby
Supporter

Hi There,

Were you able to confirm that Auto Increment is set ?

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed It is necessary to take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website. Providing us with access, you agree that a backup has been taken **

I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby

October 11, 2020 at 2:27 pm #7207253

Alessandro

Good morning Bobby,
I did a backup with duplicator and You can download it frome here (created with duplicator):
hidden link
When You log in you have not to use /wp-admin path but instead /secured. If You prefere to use /wp-admin You have to disable "wps hide" plugin.
To test the issue in the backend you can go in the dashboard (the only one page comprimised) and You will notice that the links of the menu of the left side (plugin, settings and so on) doesn't work on rollover and the box of the dashboard are not draggable. I know that this issue could be ignored BUT when I login I receive the email from wordpress that the website has techincal issue. In the email I receive the following details:

If you are looking for help with this issue, you may be asked for some of the following information:
WordPress version 5.5.1
Current theme: Yaluronica (versione 4.4)
Current Plugin: WPML Multilingual CMS (versione 4.4.3)
PHP Version 7.3.5

Error details
====================
An E_ERROR error was caused on the line 28 of file /home/vz3pdaa5/public_html/yaluronica.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/translations/class-wpml-translation-element.php. Messaggio di errore: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: Argument ID must be numeric and greater than 0. in /home/vz3pdaa5/public_html/yaluronica.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/translations/class-wpml-translation-element.php:28
Stack trace:
#0 /home/vz3pdaa5/public_html/yaluronica.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/translations/class-wpml-translation-element-factory.php(41): WPML_Translation_Element->__construct(0, Object(SitePress), NULL)
#1 /home/vz3pdaa5/public_html/yaluronica.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/translations/class-wpml-translation-element-factory.php(33): WPML_Translation_Element_Factory->create_post(0)
#2 /home/vz3pdaa5/public_html/yaluronica.com/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/words-count/hooks/wpml-tm-word-count-refresh-hooks.php(39): WPML_Translation_Element_Factory->create(0, 'post')
#3 /home/vz3pdaa5/public_html/yaluronica.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(289): WPML_TM_Word_Count_Refresh_Hooks->refresh_post_wor

October 13, 2020 at 5:56 pm #7221419

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the duplicator package, if possible please share with me the access details as the database is locked and I will need them to access the backend even with the duplicator package.

October 14, 2020 at 9:49 am #7226029

Alessandro

Sorry Bobby,
but I cannot give You access to the webserver.
We'll proceed renstalling all the website because the customer has not time and we cannot leave the website in that conditions.
Please close the ticket.
Thx
Alessandro

October 14, 2020 at 6:03 pm #7229725

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for updating me