This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
July 16, 2019 at 10:32 am #4219229

bozenaK-2

I've made a website which is originally in English. Now I am trying to add other languages, among them Polish.
Now, when I add Polish langauge to the list, my original, English-speaking website is set up as Polish, and the English version, which should be English, goes blank.
How do I change that?

July 16, 2019 at 10:50 am #4219335

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

Can you please elaborate a little more so I can better understand?

Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit so if you like making use of "upload an image" below the comment area.

For helping further on this issue it's very important to know your site related information such as themes used, plugins used, PHP versions etc. You can easily send this using Debug information settings from WPML.

So could you please go to WPML > Support > Debug Information and give me the information in the next reply. You can read the detailed instruction here: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

July 16, 2019 at 11:29 am #4219625

bozenaK-2

Hi, Im sending the debug information.
I have already solved the issue I asked for. I hope I got it correctly. Now, I have another one. I have a real estate website and I am translating it into 5 different languages. I do understand that I have to translate the whole main page content and the main menu content manually, no Problem. But what about properties? How can I automatically translate each listing into those languages?
Thanks.

July 17, 2019 at 3:22 am #4225577

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

But what about properties? How can I automatically translate each listing into those languages?

I hope the properties are a custom post type correct if so you can translate the properties the same way you translate the posts.

Open the properties and from the bottom "Multilingual language" tab, mark the properties as translatable.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] My website is in English but the menu indicates that it is Polish, help!’ is closed to new replies.