This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hamdy ghoraba 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
April 23, 2019 at 9:09 am #3661153

hamdy ghoraba

I am trying to:website is very slow loading

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: loading time is too much

Instead, I got:Not able to use backend to update contents because ofslow loading

April 23, 2019 at 11:28 am #3662907

hamdy ghoraba

Hi I read the tow article you have sent me recently regarding WPML performance very slow and I confirm all setting and still my issue website is slow

April 24, 2019 at 8:24 am #3670357

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I just sent you instruction for creating a copy of your site (this is necessary for performance debugging), please check the private message above this one and let me know when it's ready.

April 24, 2019 at 2:08 pm #3673747

hamdy ghoraba

Thank you my website is down now I dont know why ll fix it then I ll follow the instruction

April 27, 2019 at 6:52 am #3694681

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

we had a new release of WPML with many performance fixes, could you try to update to that and see if the issue is resolved?
Also, I noticed you have WooCommerce but not WooCommerce Multilingual, so could you please install that as well and see if it helps?

April 28, 2019 at 2:14 pm #3698163

hamdy ghoraba

Hi thank you.
WPML is already updated before I request help.Please check the attached.
I know well there are many reasons behind to improve the website speed.

But I see When I enable WPML multilingual CMS plugin the website speed go very slow.
Could you please let me know is there anything I can do in the setting that save loading time
I wonder how the e-commerce websites I visited are very fast loading in 2 second.

Thanks

April 29, 2019 at 8:36 am #3701155

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

to debug performance issues we need a copy of the site, so please follow the instruction I sent you here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/my-website-is-very-very-slow-frontend-backend-when-wpml-is-active/#post-3670351

and let me know when it's ready so I can check it.

April 30, 2019 at 11:12 am #3710561

hamdy ghoraba

Hi,
The Migrating is done.
Notes:
- Please disable and enable woocommerce multilingual plugin to know how it is effect on website speed.
- Do I need to use woocommerce multilingual plugin? since all products has been translated and uploaded in the sheet by WPML All import plugin?

Hope my website work perfect by your support.

Thanks

May 3, 2019 at 9:21 am #3732603

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

sorry for the delay in replying. I did some tests, but I noticed about 1s delay when WCML is active. This is expected for e-commerce. Loading times are about 2-3s, not more.

If you experience different loading times, could you give me some data? How many seconds are we talking about? (you might use a plugin like Query Monitor to check it). There is some specific page where you see the issue?

About your question, yes you'll still need WCML even if your translations are already done. Otherwise, we don't guarantee everything will work properly.

May 4, 2019 at 8:23 am #3739519

hamdy ghoraba

Hi,
Thank you for your support. It was really very slow 2 days ago it was like the website hanging.

- I wonder today when I visit the website I found loading time is less than 2 second for both language and the most fast loading I have seen since I have the website.

What is this? I didn't update or change anything. I do backup for it but I want to know what is the reason?

- The most slowest page in the website is checkout page.Do you have any suggest?

last question please what is the best hosting for wordpress woocommerce and WPML you suggest?

I have no issues with the WPML plugin till now only the speed but I want to see my website has a stable performance that keep my website always fast.

Thanks you

May 4, 2019 at 9:07 am #3739585

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

since I didn't experience slowness on my copy as well, your performance issues were most likely due to the server. I don't have enough information to say why it happened, it might have been a caching issue, bad optimization, or something else.

About checkout page, please be more specific. What loading time are we talking about? Please test the page with and without WPML, and with all plugins deactivated except WPML and WooCommerce.
Please use the plugin Query Monitor to see if there are slow queries on this page. Also, check the console browser for errors.

About hostings, here is a list of our hosting partners: https://wpml.org/hosting-partner/

May 4, 2019 at 10:39 am #3739909

hamdy ghoraba

Hi here is the attached you can see the speed using query monitor.
Once I clicked checkout button the Loading time on checkout page is about 10 to 15 second I test it few times and sometime is over 20 second sometime and loading time 5-7 second to show order details as attached.
Please I can pay for WPML for any services to decrease loading time.

May 4, 2019 at 11:12 am #3740045

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

could you please copy the query content instead of sending screenshots? It's more complicated for me to share them with 2nd tiers if I only have images, and also to make searches.

May 4, 2019 at 12:15 pm #3740237

hamdy ghoraba

Hi
the following are the query content ,Plugin and Time Igot from this is on checkout page is load

Query

SELECT id, value, gettext_context, name
FROM wp_icl_strings
WHERE context='WP Endpoints'

Caller

WPML_Register_String_Filter->get_domain_cache()

Component
Plugin: wpml-string-translation

Time: 2.4973
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Query

SELECT COUNT(id)
FROM wp_icl_strings
WHERE context = 'WP Endpoints'

Caller
WPML_ST_DB_Translation_Retrieve->get_number_of_strings_in_context()

Component
Plugin: wpml-string-translation
time 3.0997
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Query
SELECT s.id, st.status, s.domain_name_context_md5 AS ctx , st.value AS translated, st.mo_string AS mo_string, s.value AS original, s.gettext_context
FROM wp_icl_strings s
LEFT JOIN wp_icl_string_translations st
ON s.id=st.string_id
AND st.language='en'
AND s.language!='en'
WHERE s.context = 'WP Endpoints'
LIMIT 1000 OFFSET 0

Caller
WPML_DB_Chunk->retrieve()

Plugin: sitepress-multilingual-cms

Time 1.1958

May 4, 2019 at 5:30 pm #3740871

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

thanks for the queries. I asked the developers for a second opinion, I'll let you have news as soon as possible.