Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 25 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
September 22, 2020 at 10:56 am #7068633

thomasW-84

Hi Bigul,

Great, now it worked. The migration has just been completed.

Thomas

September 23, 2020 at 9:55 am #7078157

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for migrating the site. The migrated site had an error because of a conflict with WP Staging and it was showing the following fatal error. Please check the attached image for more details. It works after I deactivate the plugin manually via FTP.

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Failed to create cache directory /mnt/BLOCKSTORAGE/home/219772.cloudwaysapps.com/nbzajnjanm/public_html/wp-content/uploads/wp-staging/! Make sure folder permission is 755 and owner is correct. Should be www-data or similar. in /mnt/BLOCKSTORAGE/home/219772.cloudwaysapps.com/nbzajnjanm/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-staging/Core/Utils/Cache.php:68

I had another round of testing with the Couldways copy(when all the plugins are active except WP Staging). But not able to reproduce the performance issue exactly. The frontend and backend pages are loading in between 2-5 seconds(as per the Query Monitor and Google Chrome page load timing). So please check it and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 24, 2020 at 3:05 pm #7092931

thomasW-84

Hi Bigul,

Thank you for looking into this. The website is still rather slow with 2-5 sec for such a small website. Is there anything else we can analyse? Would the debug logfile help?

Thomas

September 25, 2020 at 3:01 pm #7101155

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the updates. It will be nice to check you are getting any error or warning related to WPML in the *wp-content/debug.log* file and the server error log file. May you have to contact the hosting support team to get the exact location of the server error log file. If there is any error or warning related to WPML, please paste the log to http://pastebin.com/index.php and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess of discussion).

Just to make sure, now all site pages(frontend & backend) are always taking 5-10 seconds or more to load on your end.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 26, 2020 at 4:04 pm #7106309
thomasW-84

Hi Bigul,

I checked the debug logfile and sorted out all WPML related information.
It's not a lot, so I paste it below in this post. I'll need 4-5 days to get the server log. I'll post it asap.

Regards,
Thomas

[15-Sep-2020 17:48:42 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_element_id() on null in /home/.sites/20/site4164262/web/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/emails/notification/summary/class-wpml-tm-jobs-summary-report.php:81
#0 /home/.sites/20/site4164262/web/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/emails/notification/summary/class-wpml-tm-jobs-summary-report.php(47): WPML_TM_Jobs_Summary_Report->build_completed_jobs()
#1 /home/.sites/20/site4164262/web/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/emails/notification/summary/class-wpml-tm-jobs-summary-report-process-factory.php(66): WPML_TM_Jobs_Summary_Report->__construct(Object(WPML_Translation_Jobs_Collection), Object(WPML_TM_String), Object(WPML_TM_Post), 'weekly', Object(WPML_Translation_Element_Factory))
#2 /home/.sites/20/site4164262/web/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/emails/notification/summary/class-wpml-tm-jobs-summary-report-process-factory.php(19): WPML_TM_Jobs_Summary_Report_Process_F in /home/.sites/20/site4164262/web/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/emails/notification/summary/class-wpml-tm-jobs-summary-report.php on line 81
[18-Sep-2020 09:11:11 UTC] PHP Warning: base64_encode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/.sites/20/site4164262/web/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/translation-jobs/class-wpml-element-translation-package.php on line 106
[18-Sep-2020 09:15:50 UTC] PHP Warning: base64_encode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/.sites/20/site4164262/web/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/translation-jobs/class-wpml-element-translation-package.php on line 106
[18-Sep-2020 09:15:50 UTC] PHP Warning: base64_encode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/.sites/20/site4164262/web/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/translation-jobs/class-wpml-element-translation-package.php on line 106
[18-Sep-2020 09:26:19 UTC] PHP Warning: base64_encode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/.sites/20/site4164262/web/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/translation-jobs/class-wpml-element-translation-package.php on line 106

September 26, 2020 at 4:10 pm #7106313

thomasW-84

I got the server logfiles quicker than expected.
Here it is: https://pastebin.com/Nm6yDqMj

September 27, 2020 at 4:20 pm #7109801

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the Debug and Server error log details. The server error log is not showing any warning or error related WPML.

One doubt. Now all site pages(frontend & backend) are always taking 5-10 seconds or more to load on your end, am I correct? Which page is taking the most time to load.

Please note, I have opened new tickets for the WPML error & warnings. Because as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket. Also, it will help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum. I will get back to you soon on the latest tickets. Please wait. Thank you for your understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 27, 2020 at 4:54 pm #7109853

thomasW-84

Hi Bigul,

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated!

My benchmark operation for checking backend loading times is:
Login -> Go to "pages" -> Edit page "About us" in WP bakery backend editor -> open any text field. Loading times for opening the text field for the first time is at 5-8 seconds at the moment.

Thomas

September 28, 2020 at 3:51 pm #7117229

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the feedback. I am checking with our team about this for an expert opinion and will get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 1, 2020 at 4:58 am #7139915

thomasW-84

Hi Bigul,

I just got the automatic notification from your system to update this ticket, in order not to have it closed. So I'll just add this post here.

Thomas

October 2, 2020 at 10:48 am #7150499

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Thomas,

It is an automatic alert. The ticket will be closed only after two weeks if there is no response. We are still working on this issue. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 9, 2020 at 5:31 am #7195427

thomasW-84

Hi Bigul,

Just adding a post to prevent the ticket from being closed.

Thomas

October 9, 2020 at 11:15 am #7197989

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Thomas,

For your kind updates, the ticket is escalated to our second-tier team for further debugging. We will get back to you as early as possible. The ticket will not be closed automatically once it is escalated to our team. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 22, 2020 at 8:00 am #7282321

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Thomas,

The ticket is escalated to our developers for further debugging. Our developers are currently working on this issue. We will get back to you soon when we have an update from developers on this. Please wait. Thank you for your patience.

--
Thanks!

Bigul