This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
September 2, 2019 at 4:07 pm #4498793

sabbirs

Hello Again,
I have done everything to translate my site into bangla manually . translated all necessary strings, translated woocommecre product list but now :
#.Website is not translating at all after changing the language.
#.In app only product catagories are translating .
#.In app after switching to benglai language my home page is not loading .

Please do let me know if u need any admin password or any other info.
Site:hidden link
App:hidden link

Need Your Help .
Regards,
Sabbir

September 2, 2019 at 4:39 pm #4499207

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

To help you faster, I've enabled a private message for submitting the debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us:
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

September 4, 2019 at 2:23 pm #4511997

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

The provided site URL does end in a 404 error. The directories wp-admin or wp-login are not available. Did you apply any changes here manually or by using a plugin?

If not, please go to Settings -> Permalinks and click the save button. Then verify if the wp-login can be accessed.

Kind regards
Andreas

September 4, 2019 at 3:47 pm #4512623

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Please go to String Translation and select the Domain WP_Endpoints from the respective filter dropdown.

Those strings were by default assigned to English but for some reason are appearing in second language. Please translate them all and let me know if this solved the issue.

Kind regards
Andreas

September 5, 2019 at 12:38 pm #4519315

sabbirs

I have changed wp_endpoints language to english . please do the needfull from your end.

Recap:
1.Webistes language does not change after 2nd language selection.
2.apps language changes but only product category .

September 6, 2019 at 1:31 am #4522245

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Until now, I do not understand how the shop page has been built. It would be very helpful if you could give me some more details.

It seems to me that those categories on the shop ppage were included by using a template,which is based on the Electro Theme and its extensional plugin. Is this correct?

If so, it might be that there is a compatiblity issue between the theme/plugin and WPML.

I would kindly like to ask you to install the Electro Theme and its plugins on the following test site and recreate the shop page here with a few example products.

One Click Login: hidden link

Leave me a short notification once the theme and plugins are installed. A smentioned, it would be very helpful if you could recreate a small example of the issue or provide detailed instructions.

Kind regards
Andreas

September 6, 2019 at 10:08 am #4524703

sabbirs

"It seems to me that those categories on the shop ppage were included by using a template,which is based on the Electro Theme and its extensional plugin. Is this correct?"

-Not Sure About it.

"If so, it might be that there is a compatiblity issue between the theme/plugin and WPML."

-I checked the comparability of the theme with the plugin before purchasing from your site forum . It said the theme is compatible with WPML.

"I would kindly like to ask you to install the Electro Theme and its plugins on the following test site and recreate the shop page here with a few example products."

-Done Please check .

Ps: I can reinstall WPML in my live site if needed .

September 7, 2019 at 12:17 am #4527641

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

As far I can see the page sections of the Electro theme are based on the Static Block content, which has not been translated yet.

The menus will need to be translated at Appearance -> Menus. There is a quiet huge amount of menus which can be selected from the dropdown.

More information about how to translate menus can be found here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

Could you please translate and let me know if this solved the issue?

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] My WPML pluging setup and translation issue.’ is closed to new replies.