This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
September 3, 2019 at 8:12 pm #4507205

maxL-15

It is a MySQL deadlock (2 processes waiting for each other). That is probably something that the developers must solve / debug. This is not something that I can fix, because it has to be fixed in that plugin.

The full error message is:

[client 82.72.182.232:51926] mod_fcgid: stderr: WordPress database error Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction for query DELETE FROM `eyUol8uvb_options` WHERE `option_name` = '_transient_wpml_st_upgrade_in_progress' made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('plugins_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, SitePress->init, do_action('wpml_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, wpml_tm_load, WPML_Translation_Management->load, do_action('wpml_tm_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WPML_String_Translation->load, WPML_ST_Upgrade->run, WPML_ST_Upgrade->set_upgrade_completed, delete_transient, delete_option, referer: hidden link

September 3, 2019 at 8:21 pm #4507215

maxL-15

The site is also reacting massively slow since today. I think it has to to with the above.

September 3, 2019 at 9:38 pm #4507375

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I would like to ask you to follow this steps in order to isolate the cause of the issue:
- Back up your site first before making any change, this is for security reasons.
- Update all outdated plugins and themes.
- Flush any cache memory that might exists.
- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML.
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Seventeen.
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue.

Could you tell me the result of this steps?

Kind regards,
Carlos

September 3, 2019 at 9:43 pm #4507377

maxL-15

Carlos, as I told your colleague in another ticket, the site is live and cannot permit to switch themes. Can you please create a Sandbox with the site in it like your colleague did before?

September 4, 2019 at 1:58 pm #4511639

maxL-15

You have the migration in Cloudways now

September 4, 2019 at 2:29 pm #4512013

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hello,

Could you tell me where did you get the error message sent in your first message?

Also, please describe the steps to reproduce the issue.

Regards,
Carlos

September 4, 2019 at 2:35 pm #4512103

maxL-15

I got it in the logs of the website.

This is an overview of the last ones:

2019-09-04 13:30:52 Warning 103.74.120.201
mod_fcgid: stderr: WordPress database error Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction for query DELETE FROM `eyUol8uvb_options` WHERE `option_name` = '_transient_wpml_st_upgrade_in_progress' made by require('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('plugins_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, SitePress->init, do_action('wpml_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, wpml_tm_load, WPML_Translation_Management->load, do_action('wpml_tm_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WPML_String_Translation->load, WPML_ST_Upgrade->run, WPML_ST_Upgrade->set_upgrade_completed, delete_transient, delete_option

[Apache error]

2019-09-04 13:33:55 Warning 78.173.44.204
mod_fcgid: stderr: phpmyadmin: Failed to load /var/lib/phpmyadmin/blowfish_secret.inc.php Check group www-data has read access and open_basedir restrictions., referer: hidden link

September 4, 2019 at 2:48 pm #4512259

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I installed the WP File Manager plugin in the migrated site, activated the debug mode and I can't see the error in the debug.log file. Please describe the steps you are following to reproduce the issue so I can try to reproduce it in the migrated site.

Regards,
Carlos

September 4, 2019 at 2:50 pm #4512273

maxL-15

I don't know which steps. I work on the site the whole day, it is just appearing in the logs. It's not that I receivce a message like ' hey the action you just did created an error check your logs' or so. `You have the warning message with everything in there. Isn't it possible for you to troubleshoot with that?

September 4, 2019 at 2:53 pm #4512307

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

The issue doesn't re-appears in the migrated site. If I can't reproduce the issue then I can debug it. Maybe the issue is on your server side and is not related to WPML.

Regards,
Carlos

September 4, 2019 at 2:55 pm #4512311

maxL-15

I let my hostingprovider figure it out this morning, and they told me that one of the WPML things is causing the PHP warning.

September 4, 2019 at 2:59 pm #4512395

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Please ask your hosting provider to elaborate more on his findings and how did he get to the conclusion that WPML was the culprit. This might help us to isolate the cause of the issue.

Regards,
Carlos

September 5, 2019 at 6:15 am #4515627

maxL-15

This is their answer:
Although my knowledge of the internals of WordPress is limited, it is quite literally here what goes wrong and what WPML has to do with it,
I assume that the developer can make more of this (and otherwise he must find someone who can).

[client 82.72.182.232:51926] mod_fcgid: stderr: WordPress database error Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction for query DELETE FROM `eyUol8uvb_options` WHERE `option_name` = '_transient_wpml_st_upgrade_in_progress' made by require('wp-blog-header.php'),
require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('plugins_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, SitePress->init, do_action('wpml_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, wpml_tm_load,
WPML_Translation_Management->load, do_action('wpml_tm_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WPML_String_Translation->load, WPML_ST_Upgrade->run, WPML_ST_Upgrade->set_upgrade_completed, delete_transient, delete_option, referer:
hidden link

September 5, 2019 at 11:13 am #4518665

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

Unfortunately I can't see this issue in the migrated site, which means that the issue is only happening in the live site.

In this case I recommend you to follow this steps:
- Create a full backup of the site.
- Go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting link -> Apply the troubleshooting options highlighted in the attached image.

Could you tell me if the issue persists?

Note: In case the issue persists I kindly ask you to describe what problems its causing in the live site.

Regards,
Carlos