This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: How to change product attributes language Solution: WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Select attribute -> Within "Translations of taxonomy..." click Change language

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
April 4, 2019 at 11:24 am #3534301

pabloM-28

I am tranlating the taxonomies for my online shop.
I find easily in my list the terms of the different product atributes, but not the name of the atribute itself.
It doesn't make sense translating the terms but not the name of the atribute, and it is very important, as I use them to create product variations.
Can you help me please?
Thank you!!!

April 4, 2019 at 3:35 pm #3536621

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you tell me if you tried translating them through
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/#taxonomies

So that would be:
WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Attribute -> Select the attribute to translate -> Select any attribute

This is where you should find terms to translate and translate them here as well.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 8, 2019 at 5:48 am #3554265

pabloM-28

(PLEASE LOOK AT MY PICTURE)
Hello,
I went to the page you mention (in fact I went there before). But as I can translate the TERMS, you can see in my picture that the ATRIBUTE NAME apears to be in english (original language) with a missing spanish translation, when it is the other way round.
So I cannot change the english name.
Please, tell me what's happening.
Regards,

April 8, 2019 at 10:30 am #3556641

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

TERMS, you can see in my picture that the ATRIBUTE NAME apears to be in english (original language) with a missing spanish translation, when it is the other way round.

Have you accidentally created this attribute when you were on the English admin page? If you click "cambiar idioma", can you change its language here?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 8, 2019 at 10:40 am #3556715

pabloM-28

Not at all, in fact I installed the WPML plugin after my atributes were created. So everything is previous. As I said, I can translate the terms, but not the actual name of the atribute.
But Yes!!! I can change the language in the list and then translate it. So the problem is solved.
Thank you!

April 8, 2019 at 10:48 am #3556765

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Great to hear that :). Marking this as resolved then!

Regards,
Bruno Kos