This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by maurizioG-5 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 18, 2019 at 3:25 pm #4598099

maurizioG-5

I am trying to: make a secondary language website work properly. I use different domains per language.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
When clicking on a nav link in the header menu user should open the corresponding page.
Instead, I got:
Nothing happens, but if we choose "Open link in another tab" the page is correctly displayed.

September 19, 2019 at 2:01 pm #4605793

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I can see the issue on your site.

Please make sure it is not a compatibility issue. I suspect that there is a collision with the theme or another plugin that might cause this problem. If possible, get your site into a minimum environment. Minimum environment means switching to a default WordPress theme like TwentyNineteen and no plugins activated except WPML. You will need first to check if the problem persists when just the theme is switched to TwentyNineteen (for example). If it persists then deactivate all plugins except the WPML and its add-ons and WooCommerce itself. Then please check if the problem persists. If it does not persist, so start by activating the plugins one by one and check when the problem comes back, then report to me which was the culprit plugin.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

*** If your site is a live site you might want first to try those procedures in a staging environment or a snapshot of your site on your local server or another server. ***

Thanks,
Itamar.

September 22, 2019 at 7:46 am #4617535

maurizioG-5

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!