This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.15 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
June 3, 2019 at 2:14 pm

anaA-4

Hi,

I have a site with some custom development, using WMPL. We have a slug called 'exhibicion' in our spanish webpage, and 'exhibition' on the English one. The Spanish is the main language, EN is the secondary one.

So, for example, I have hidden link in the spanish site. If i go to the black menu (top left) select EN, it is incapable of going to the english version (hidden link)

But, If i go to this one... hidden link, I go to the black menu and select EN (at the bottom) and it works and goes to hidden link.

The configuration is the same on both, and I really cant tell why it is doing so... I am baffled and my client, a bit pissed. I really dont know if this has happened always or not.. It is really weird.

Has anybody had a similar issue?

Thanks in advance,
ana

June 3, 2019 at 8:48 pm #3946069

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

I have enabled the slug translation at WPML -> Settings. You are not able to translate each slug at the section WPML -> Settings -> Post Type Translation and also at the section Taxonomy Translation.

I hope this solves the issue.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 4, 2019 at 8:23 am #3949165

anaA-4

Hi,

There seems to be some underlying issue here... Some of the exhibitions do manage to go to the other language site, but some still don't:

hidden link
hidden link

I'm stumped...

Thanks in advance,
ana

June 4, 2019 at 4:50 pm #3953791

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I can see that there are clearly issues with the permalinks. Did you realize when the issue occured?

Make sure to use the WPML Translation Editor when translating one of the affected custom posts. You will realize that there are custom fields coming form Yoast SEO that are not translated yet. Further, I recommend you installing our Plugin Yoast SEO Multilingual.
(See screenshots)

Afterwards translate the affected custom posts again. If the issue is not solved proceed as followed:

It seems that the issue is related to a compatibility issue with a third plugin and we will need to point out which one causes the problem. Could you please try to run the site in minimal setup to see if the issue persists?

Please disable any additional plugin that is not related to WPML and its add-ons. If the issue disappears please start reactivating any plugins, or activate them in small groups. This way please verify at which points the issue appears again to indicate the plugin that is causing the issue.

Also please change to a default theme like TwentySeventeen to see if the issue might be theme related.

Further, you could enable the wp-debug feature to see if there are any current PHP errors given.

Add the following to your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

If you open wp-config.php and that define statement is not there, you can add it right before this line:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

You will be able to see errors on front end, backend and further find a complete report inside of your wp-content folder. Look for a debug.log file and provide me the results.

More information about how to activate this feature you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Navigation menu's slug not using its translation’ is closed to new replies.