This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The icl_string_pages Database is growing too much. Solution: The icl_string_pages table is a cache table. It is normal for it to grow initially. The problem arises if this growth does not stop and if the table grows continuously and out of proportion. Try these steps: - Disable and reactivate all WPML plugins - Go to WPML -> Support - Click on the "troubleshooting" link - Press the button "Recreate ST DB cache tables". Initially, there will be a slowdown but after the regeneration of the tables, the situation should improve significantly.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Patrick 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Vincenzo.

Author Posts
May 2, 2019 at 9:20 am #3723183

Patrick

The icl_string_pages Database ist growing and growing.
We are close to 2 Mio data sets.

How to fix this?

May 2, 2019 at 12:24 pm #3724453

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello, thank you for contacting WPML Support!

The icl_string_pages table is a cache table. It is normal for it to grow initially. The problem arises if this growth does not stop and if the table grows continuously and out of proportion.
Try these steps:

- Disable and reactivate all WPML plugins
- Go to WPML -> Support
- Click on the "troubleshooting" link
- Press the button "Recreate ST DB cache tables".
Initially, there will be a slowdown but after the regeneration of the tables, the situation should improve significantly.

Keep an eye on the icl_string_pages table and, if it grows out of proportion again, send me a compressed copy of the following tables icl_string_pages and icl_strings.

Thank you

May 3, 2019 at 7:43 pm #3737705

Patrick

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

I am going to watch the table sizes in the next days.