This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
October 1, 2018 at 8:21 am

Anja Lübben

I have created different user roles and removed all standard roles except administrator. Now I created a new account with similar access like editor but named it different. Now this role can't edit the pages in different languages. Just the main language. I tried it to work with "'wpml_manage_translation_management' => true (and so on)..." but it doesn't work. At least also when I put the users to "Translation Role" then the site also can't be edited - it just jump to the Translation Management site and not to the page edit. On this site it is important to come to the edit page because there are some pages just in French, some pages just in Italian and the main pages in German. These sites are not always with the same content. I have to say again, that I removed the standard role "editor". Can you say me, what I have to do, that this works? What should I say to the new user role, that they can edit the pages in all languages?

October 2, 2018 at 8:04 pm #2782665

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

please verify that you have assigned the role the translation capability for all languages from within WPML->Translation Management->Add translator and then assign language pairs to the translator.

at the moment when i visit that page i cannot see any translators setup

let me know your results

The topic ‘[Closed] Need access to a user role to change content in all languages’ is closed to new replies.