This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
June 18, 2019 at 4:39 am #4040229

edn-4

Tell us what you are trying to do? am tyr to translate ACF filed copy

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

June 18, 2019 at 5:46 am #4040529

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

Welcome to our forum,

We have detailed documentation about ACF translation, I would recommend you go through the entire documentation => https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

If you want help with setting translation preference to the fields please refer
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/#setting-the-translation-preference-for-simple-fields

Please note the glue plugin ACF multilingual is necessary to make the ACF fields translatable, you can download and install ACF multilingual from https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

I hope that helps you better, Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Raja

June 18, 2019 at 6:42 am #4040733

edn-4

am follow the same step but getting the same issue. i don't know whats wrong with tha's

June 18, 2019 at 7:14 am #4040875

edn-4

acf filed image missing

June 18, 2019 at 7:44 am #4041035

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your test site to take a better look at the issue. Could you please indicate me how to replicate this behavior?

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Kind regards
Raja

June 19, 2019 at 4:12 am #4047915

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi there,

t would be good if you can provide me with the WordPress debug.log (not WPML debug information).

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

If you can paste your debug.log to pastebin.com and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess in the discussion).

Please update ACF pro plugin to the latest version check if the issue still persists.

Kind regards
Raja

June 19, 2019 at 4:57 am #4047961

edn-4

https://pastebin.com/embed_iframe/h9RRrQxf
here is the debig log please look.

June 19, 2019 at 10:11 am #4050545

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi there,

Please provide me with the snapshot (copy) of your site, so thats its easy for me to debug the details on my local environment to help you better. You can use the Duplicator plugin to create a snapshot of the site and share the package link with me http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/, I have enabled private fields for you to securely share the details.

Kind regards
Raja

June 19, 2019 at 10:37 am #4050783

edn-4

Am already give you full details of admin login and you saying again same thing. i don't know whats with you guys. i think am wrong place for help

June 19, 2019 at 11:14 am #4051023

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

I beg your pardon, In my previous reply I have requested a duplicator copy of your site and not access to the site, Duplicator copy will help us debug the issue with our tools in our local environment.

If you are unable to create the copy of your site, please grant me permission to install the duplicator plugin that would be helpful as well. Since without your permission we are not allowed to add, remove or modify any part of your site.

Kind regards
Raja

June 19, 2019 at 11:35 am #4051131

edn-4

yes you can install duplicator plugin and setup your own local. i have no issue but we need solution and one more thing after acf translation and save post change no reflect please check as well this issue

June 20, 2019 at 7:02 am #4057107

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your patience,

I have checked your site using the duplicator package, The issue is resolved once I update the ACF Pro to the latest version 5.8.1.

Your site is using ACF pro 5.5.11 Please update the ACF pro plugin to 5.8.1, I hope that solves the issue.

Kind regards
Raja

June 20, 2019 at 7:56 am #4057429

edn-4

acf update is not a issue. if you currently see on home page some text and images are successfully update on my live site hidden link
so i don't think update is issue.

June 20, 2019 at 10:23 am #4058745

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi,

I have investigated it further and found a few issues.

1) The fields are mixed up and the translation is not getting reflected on the front page
2) The container fields like Tabs, Repeater is set to translate which is causing the issue

Please follow the below instructions
- Switch to default language in your dashboard
- Goto Custom Fields -> Field groups -> Home page
- Set the Fields of type TAB to "Don't Translated"
- Set the Fields of type Repeater to "Copy"
- The repeater subfields should be set to "Translated" or "Copy once"
- Update the field group
- Goto Pages > Edit Home page update the original content in the default language
- Edit the translation make sure the translation is 100% complete save and close.

Please let me know the results, In case if you need further assistance, Feel free to write to us.I will be happy to assist you.