This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
October 3, 2018 at 4:32 pm #2785256

alejandra-fernandaW

Hello! How are you?
I have a multilingual site (www.universoviajero.com). Main language is spanish and second in English.
I use mailchimp for pop-up forms. Given that now I have two languages, I have set up two different mailing lists, one for each language.
I can't find the way to make the page show the pop-up form according to the language. As far as now, I have done the following:

1. Set up the "spanish" pop up form from mailchimp connecting it. It shows ok, no problem.
2. Added this html to the header to show up the english one when the language is in /en.

<script> if( ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE === 'en' ) {
// <script type="text/javascript" src="//downloads.mailchimp.com/js/signup-forms/popup/unique-methods/embed.js" data-dojo-config="usePlainJson: true, isDebug: false"></script><script type="text/javascript">window.dojoRequire(["mojo/signup-forms/Loader"], function(L) { L.start({"baseUrl":"mc.us18.list-manage.com","uuid":"7b1d1b90a584e6135f227af59","lid":"6e05bd6db6","uniqueMethods":true}) })</script>

So far, I got to only display the pop up on the Spanish pages, but none on the English (although the CODE it's indicating to show it!).
I have found that code on another support ticket here, maybe I wrote it wrong?

Or... do you know any other simpler or better way to do this???

Thanks!
Ale

(Also try with the Mailchimp for WordPress + Your plugin for mailchimp; but it don't have the option for the pop-ups... so I delete them both).

October 3, 2018 at 8:07 pm #2785695

alejandra-fernandaW

Update:

I decide to disconnect my webpage for mailchimp, that way I can have two different codes for both pop-up forms and, I think, use the "IF" function.

The problem: I tried it as I found it, and the part "if( ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE === 'en' ) {" shows on the upper part of my page... I think I'm writing it wrong... something is not closing correctly.
also, the Pop-ups shows so weirdly on mobile!

Would you please help me?

This are the codes maichimp is giving me:

FOR SPANISH (MAIN PAGE):
<script type="text/javascript" src="//downloads.mailchimp.com/js/signup-forms/popup/unique-methods/embed.js" data-dojo-config="usePlainJson: true, isDebug: false"></script><script type="text/javascript">window.dojoRequire(["mojo/signup-forms/Loader"], function(L) { L.start({"baseUrl":"mc.us18.list-manage.com","uuid":"7b1d1b90a584e6135f227af59","lid":"dbfd012a83","uniqueMethods":true}) })</script>

FOR ENGLISH (SECONDARY PAGE)
<script type="text/javascript" src="//downloads.mailchimp.com/js/signup-forms/popup/unique-methods/embed.js" data-dojo-config="usePlainJson: true, isDebug: false"></script><script type="text/javascript">window.dojoRequire(["mojo/signup-forms/Loader"], function(L) { L.start({"baseUrl":"mc.us18.list-manage.com","uuid":"7b1d1b90a584e6135f227af59","lid":"6e05bd6db6","uniqueMethods":true}) })</script>

Thanks a lot!!
Ale

October 3, 2018 at 8:15 pm #2785702

alejandra-fernandaW

Other update: (hahaha)
Inserting the code (only one of them) in the site did not work... so that is not the solution.
I really need to translate the pop-up... any plugin or way to make this work?

October 5, 2018 at 9:32 am #2790151

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Can you review this ticket and see if the workaround can help you?
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/incompatibility-issue-of-wpml-plugin-with-the-widget/#post-2190374

Please also let me know how you were attempting to do this as the "compatibility" problem discussed in the link should have been resolved with the version you are using.

Thanks

October 5, 2018 at 1:18 pm #2790900

alejandra-fernandaW

Hello Yvette.
Please, read the 3 messages good, in them I explain everything I'm doing.
That support ticket DONT work because these are POP-UP forms... not widgets. I already fixed my widget forms and are working ok.
I have already tried 3 things:

Activate the POP-UP in Spanish from the mailchimp web and add to the header code this code:

<script> if( ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE === 'en' ) {
// <script type="text/javascript" src="//downloads.mailchimp.com/js/signup-forms/popup/unique-methods/embed.js" data-dojo-config="usePlainJson: true, isDebug: false"></script><script type="text/javascript">window.dojoRequire(["mojo/signup-forms/Loader"], function(L) { L.start({"baseUrl":"mc.us18.list-manage.com","uuid":"7b1d1b90a584e6135f227af59","lid":"6e05bd6db6","uniqueMethods":true}) })</script>

What happened?: The spanish POP UP form is showed in ALL PAGES, both english and spanish.

Disconect the webpage from mailchimp so I can have the two POP-UP forms codes separtly and try inserting this in the header:

if( ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE === 'en' ) {
// English form's code
} else {
// Spanish form's code
}

What happened?: nothing. no pop up was displayed and a line with this text "if( ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE === 'en' ) {" started appearing in the upper part of the webpage.
Also, the webpage start working a LOT more slow.

Try inserting the codes as a widget in the header, selecting the lenguage.

What happened? nothing.

The pluggin is suppose to be compatible with mailchimp... so, what is the fix for this POP UP FORMS problem?

Thanks.

October 5, 2018 at 7:49 pm #2791588

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Thanks for reviewing that link and please remember that our forum expertise is with WPML features and we cannot know about all the different features of the many plugins we are compatible with. eg widget forms v. popup forms.

That being said, I´ve done some internal research for any known issues with Mail chimp "pop up" forms and could not find any existing. However, I do understand that "pop up" forms are only available with the "MailChimp for WordPress Premium" addon which is not currently on the list of supported/compatible plugins here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

So, I am guessing that the pop-up form addon functionality might not yet be supported by our plugin but we would have to test it to be sure. In these cases, we ask for the collaboration of the client to set up a test case on a sandbox site so that we can investigate freely.

The following link is to a sandbox site that is preloaded with WPML. Please upload the MailChimp plugin and the "MailChimp for WordPress Premium" addon. Setup a test case as simple as possible and write back with steps on how to replicate the problem.

We can then verify if this is a new compatibility problem and perhaps provide a workaround or at least tell you if it is possible and how to do it.

Login: hidden link
Username: demo
Password: P0i4d1Hqc1RK

The sandbox is active for 7 days.
Thanks for your collaboration.

The topic ‘[Closed] Need help translating pop up forms’ is closed to new replies.