This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
May 2, 2018 at 7:33 am #1923149

dr-amandaR

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Hi, we have taken over the support of a website that is in English and Traditional Chinese. We updated the plugin and what seems to have happened is that the language on the navigation, shopping cart buttons and other parts of the site has been converted from Traditional Chinese to Simplified Chinese. We need everything in Traditional Chinese.

My team and I don't read Chinese so while we are aware of the errors, we don't know how to fix them and would ideally like to have someone who knows WPML, WooCommerce and Traditional Chinese to fix these problems.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No

Is there a similar example that we can see?
No

What is the link to your site?
The site is currently offline - hidden link

Theme is a Divi Child + WooCommerce + WPML (all latest versions)

May 3, 2018 at 7:50 am #1949072

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

We updated the plugin and what seems to have happened is that the language of the navigation, shopping cart buttons and other parts of the site has been converted from Traditional Chinese to Simplified Chinese

Could you please go to WPML->Languages and see the active languages, is it Traditional Chinese or Simplified Chinese? Could you please attach a screenshot of this

Is the language of the whole site has been changed? or just the navigation, shopping cart buttons? I don't think anything like this should happen when updating as the translations aren't updated when updating the plugins and since the translation are added/edited/updated manually, It seems unusual that anything like automatic language change should happen.

Could you please provide few screenshots of links sharing what it's was before and now? You don't need to include all data for this, just showing few examples will work to figure out what must have been gone wrong.

Further, For helping further on this issue it's very important to know your site related information such as themes used, plugins used, PHP versions etc. You can easily send this using Debug information settings from WPML. So could you please go to WPML > Support > Debug Information and give me the information in the next reply. You can read the detailed instruction here: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

May 9, 2018 at 5:37 am #2043228

dr-amandaR

Thanks for your reply. I'll come back to you all that you need. I need a little time to go through all that you've suggested etc.

May 9, 2018 at 7:51 am #2045270

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Sure, I will wait for your feedback.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Need Help with Traditional Chinese and Navigation/Shopping Cart’ is closed to new replies.