Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by zuzannaR 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Rohan Sadanandan.

Author Posts
May 26, 2020 at 1:25 pm #6220149

zuzannaR

I was having some issues with my website and my theme developper informed me that I don't have the latest version of WPML installed and that might be the issue.

1. I usually get an information in the WP Dahsboard about available updates on all my plugins. This time there was no info about the available update for WPML.

Do you know why? How can I know in the future that there's an available update?

2. How can I update the plugins if there's no "Update" button in the WP Dashboard?

I need to update the following plugins:
- WPML Multilingual CMS from 4.3.11 to 4.3.14
- WPML Translation Management from 2.9.5 to 2.9.7
- WPML String Translation from 3.0.8 to 3.0.11

Thank you.

May 26, 2020 at 1:53 pm #6220511

Rohan Sadanandan

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

From your WordPress dashboard, please navigate to Plugins > Add new > Commercial tab & click on "Check for updates" & you can update the plugins directly from there.

If you have any doubts, please let me know.

Thanks,
Rohan

May 26, 2020 at 2:14 pm #6220741

zuzannaR

Thank you!
One more question - is that the standard procedure for updating WPML plugins? Since I need to proactively go to this tab to check for updates and I don't receive any notifications, how often should I actually check it (approx.)? Once per week, once per month?

May 26, 2020 at 3:16 pm #6221283

Rohan Sadanandan

Hello,

Normally when an update is released to 100% of the clients, you will get a notification in your WordPress dashboard or in the Plugins section. If you are not getting the notification you can use this method to update the plugins.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Rohan

May 26, 2020 at 3:45 pm #6221607

zuzannaR

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!