Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Do you have any suggestion how to refresh all product translation quickly?

Solution: 1. WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Settings and temporarily change to using the native WordPress editor.

2. Then, click "Products" in your dashboard menu. Use the language switcher at the top of your page to switch to your secondary language.

3. Then, in the drop-down menu for bulk actions, select "edit". Then edit the first product (or just click update). This should update the selected products.

Relevant Documentation:

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by setyo-hadiJ 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
February 7, 2020 at 1:42 am #5443131

setyo-hadiJ

Dear Support, This is my case.

My website have 400 product and 2 languages. English as default and Indonesia as translated. I want to add attributes to all my products. It will be a pain if I add it one by one so I buy plugin Woobe Bulk Editor (considering this plugin is compatible with WPML)

I add a "Brand" attribute, it's working properly. Everything going to be fine. Then I continued to add "Material" attributes. it's also working properly.

Problem show when I am adding 3rd attributes (this is weird) "Knob", attribute showing on default language perfectly, but it's not showing on the translated page. After I check on woocommerce editor, WPML show me that translation need to be updated (see woocommerce editor.jpg)

I updating by clicking that icon, and save translation using WPML translation editor without edit anything. Then the attribute "Knob" show properly after that.

It will be pain if I have to update translation by saving WPML translation editor one by one. do yo have any suggestion how to refresh all translation quickly?

Why this problen not happen when I am adding two first attributes (Brand and Material)

February 9, 2020 at 2:59 pm #5456317

setyo-hadiJ

Anyone can help me

February 10, 2020 at 7:54 am #5459139

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello!

Welcome to WPML Support.

I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

Yes, you can use the described method bellow and bulk update products.

Please backup your site before doing following action.

1. Please go to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Settings and temporarily change to using the native WordPress editor.

2. Then, click "Products" in your dashboard menu. Use the language switcher at the top of your page to switch to your secondary language. You should now see a list of your translated products. Use the checkbox to select all products.

3. Then, in the drop-down menu for bulk actions, select "edit". Then edit the first product (or just click update). This should update the selected products.

You may run into errors if you try to do this for all 400 products at once but if you try it in smaller batches, it should update the products for you.

If you do not see the WordPress editor in the first step, please:

1) Open a Product post for edit in the default language
2) Click on *On* button near of *Use WPML's Translation Editor* caption of Language widget on the right side
3) Choose *All Products* option of *Use WPML's Translation Editor to translate:* popup
4) Click on *Apply* button

I am attaching screenshots fro your convenience.

Please let me know how it goes and don't hesitate to ask if you find any problem along the way or have doubts or questions about the steps mentioned above, I'll do my best to help you in the best way possible."

Regards,
Drazen

February 20, 2020 at 7:29 am #5530043

setyo-hadiJ

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!