This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
September 8, 2014 at 4:35 pm #466025

davidd-21

Hello,

I am analizing the source code of my web and i want to know if it´s normal that
link rel="alternate" hreflang=" TAGS, appear not in upper header, (for example between line 4 to line 10) but it appears in line 70, behind "WP SEO by Yoast" code.

Wouldn´t be better for link rel="alternate" hreflang=" to be in first lines of code?

So another related question:
When i load my web domain, it first loads the default site (in my case is spanish /es-ES/ in subdirectory), and then , the "WPML redirect by browser script" (/sitepress-multilingual-cms/res/js/browser-redirect.js) begins to work and redirects to proper subdirectory (according to web browser language).

Is it possibe to avoid loading default domain and directly load the proper browser language option?

I am using:
- WP seo by Yoast plugin.
- WPML (Versión 3.1.7.2)
- WPML String translation (Versión 2.0.9.1)
- WPML Media (Versión 2.1.6)

September 9, 2014 at 9:47 am #466512

Dat Hoang

Your versions look good and up-to-date.

#1, rel="alternate" hreflang="
I'm not sure what is the better? Do you have any information for that?
In general, it's very normal. You can check our website http://wpml.org , our hreflange is not the upper header

#2, Is it possibe to avoid loading default domain and directly load the proper browser language option?
==> It's NOT possible. Because it's the way the feature "Browser language direction" works. It uses JavaScript and browser language info to direct.

September 11, 2014 at 4:33 pm #468888

davidd-21

Ok thanks