If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
June 6, 2019 at 12:38 pm #3969275

Derek

I am trying to:
Force the footer menu to always load a particular menu. We don't have translations of all 7 languages for the footer menu and we temporarily want to use the default translation until the new menus are created.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

What I tried:
I attempted to specify a specific menu id in wp_nav_menu() but that didn't work.

Instead, I got:
WPML seems to load a random menu that has poorly formed HTML (<font> tags?!?).

June 7, 2019 at 2:51 am #3973389

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. I would be very happy to help you but I didn't fully understand what is the issue.

Do you want to display the menu in both languages, but have not yet translated the menu? If so, the best option is for you to duplicate these pages and then sync the menu. When you translate the pages, the links will be updated.

You can see more in our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/

After duplicating the desired content, you can synchronize the menu and this should work as expected.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.