This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.58 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
January 11, 2018 at 9:11 pm #1482222

geraldC-2

Hi,

I'm constructing a website in WP V4.9.1 + Jupiter V6.0.2 + WPBackery Page Builder V5.4.5+ WPML Multilingual CMS V3.8.2

and i need the little flags to be to a precise place. Could you help me by telling me if it's possible to do that:

Look at where are flags in screenshot 1 . I would like they are like in screenshot 2

Please tell that it is possible may be with with the assistance of another plugin (the popup of Layerslider?)
Is there a shortcode i could use to switch from language 1 to language 2, while maintaining a match of the current page

January 12, 2018 at 5:05 pm #1483279

geraldC-2

is there someone to help ?

January 13, 2018 at 7:02 pm #1483881

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

WPML provides the feature to add the language switcher in the front end of your site and some standard CSS options such as colors but the overall look of the switcher and placement is controlled by your theme.

If there is not a standard option already offered by your theme to place the switcher in your desired location you might be able to achieve this using a PHP Action.

Please review the following docuemtnation
=> https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-switcher-options/#custom-locations

do_action('wpml_add_language_selector');

Outputs the language switcher based on the options set in the Custom Language Switchers section

I suggest contacting your theme authors so they can provide you with the best location to place the above PHP in their code as they do know their code best.

The topic ‘[Closed] Need to move language flags’ is closed to new replies.