This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
May 10, 2018 at 4:01 pm

philippS-31

I am trying to:
Click to alternative language from the language switcher
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
I expected to see:
Correct elements JPG (Click the STANDARD TAB)
Instead, I got:
Elements after redirection using language switcher JPG

However, when I refresh the page for a second time, then I see the correct elements in that place.
I am sure that WPML is causing the issue, since by de-activating the plugin, everything works fine

May 11, 2018 at 7:15 am #2082610

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I took a look at your site and could see the behaviour you are describing. Here are my observations:

1. I am not able to replicate the problem if I create a new page with only this particular element in it.
see here: hidden link

2. When I use the Chrome inspector to view the HTML elements, I can see that all the images are present and, furthermore, it is javascript that is being used to create the view. In fact, it is not required to do a full page refresh to see the correct elements. The elements would appear by simply opening the Chrome inspector - which reinforces the idea that this is a js issue.

3. I did an internal search for any known issues with this theme and can see that there are a number of outstanding problems that we have been attempting to reach the author to resolve. Our internal work ticket is being driven by this forum thread (sorry that it is in Portuguese):
https://wpml.org/pt-br/forums/topic/problema-na-traducao-das-paginas/

In short, the theme is not compatible yet with WPML and we are attempting to work with the author to resolve many issues. Our full list of tested and certified compatible themes are here: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

I am adding this particular behaviour as something to look at although I am not able to replicate it yet.

4. Next steps
To resolve this particular issue, we would need to be able to replicate it on a separate page. e.g. we need to isolate the problem.

Right now, are you able to make the same behaviour happen on the new test page that I created in step 1.?

I wait for your feedback.

May 11, 2018 at 2:45 pm #2090223

philippS-31

How do you say that you can't replicate the problem, since in the page you created, if you visit that page for the first time without refresh, you can see the image attached. Can you solve this please?

May 11, 2018 at 3:10 pm #2090441

Yvette
Supporter

Are you getting this behvaiour on the test page I created? I am not.

This is what I mean about reproducing the problem. I am not saying that the problem does not exist on that particular page.

You also have not replied to my notification that there are many compatibility problems with this theme. There is a chance that this will take a while to fix since there does not seem to be a smooth working relationship with the theme author.

Nor have you replied to the observation that this is a javascript issue.

Please let me know if you get the image on the test page I created.

May 11, 2018 at 3:12 pm #2090450

Yvette
Supporter

Sorry - I re-read your response and I can see that you did replicate on the test page. This is good.

So, the next step is to send me a zip copy of this theme. I am opening the private area for it. Please use a filesharing service.

I am going to include this issue with other problems that are on the list of things to fix with this theme.

May 11, 2018 at 3:41 pm
May 14, 2018 at 9:07 am #2113625

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I´ve spent some time on this - here are my observations:

1. With a **new** installation of your theme and test data using Woocomemrce sample data, there is no "enlargening" and then "resizing" of the images. (see screencast)

e.g I was unable to reproduce the behaviour.

2. I took a Duplicator snapshot of your system and installed it on my local server "as is".
In this format, the enlarging/resizing of the product images happens but the image never gets stuck on "large" format. (see screencast)

3.I reduced the plugins to just the minimum required plugins (e.g. Rentit Plugin and Visual Composer) with your theme. e.g. No WPML. On my local test installation, the same behaviour happens (e.g. a load of large image and then a correction in size once page finishes loading).

Conclusions:

a) The behaviour to "enlarge the image" and then "resize to fit" seems to be something unique to your installation. Perhaps it is the size of the images that are in your upload directory??..I really don´t know at this moment.

b) I was unable to replicate the problem on my local server which could imply a server specific issue.

c) The next logical step would be to use the Duplicator package to create a staging site of your installation on the same server. If the behaviour is the same, then the issue is server related.

I wait for your feedback

Screencasts:

Local installation of your Duplicated site
the images "enlarge" and then "resize"...but they don´t get stuck at large:
hidden link

Local installation of newly installed Theme. No images "enlarge + resize":
hidden link

The topic ‘[Closed] Need to refresh the page to display it correctly’ is closed to new replies.