This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jaroslawM-5 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
May 2, 2019 at 2:37 pm #3725681

jaroslawM-5

I am trying to: set the logo to link to correct language

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: all pages

I expected to see: when clicking on the logo I expect the homepage of the language I'm currently on.

Instead, I got: default homepage. Which is wrong.

May 2, 2019 at 4:32 pm #3726963

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I have tried to visit your site but your site is in coming soon mode. Could you please try to follow below steps and let me know the results.

- Please make sure minimum requirements for WPML meet:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

- Please make sure you are using an updated version of the theme and plugins.

- Please add the debug report in the Debug Information box. I have also enabled debug info box for your next reply: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

- Please check for a possible theme and plugin conflict. To do that you can switch back to any default theme (e.g. Twenty Seventeen theme), Disable all plugins except WPML and see if this issue goes away with default theme and only WPML activated?

Thank you

May 2, 2019 at 6:00 pm #3727961

jaroslawM-5

Hi,

Yes, the site is currently in a dev mode and it's locked.
Everything is up to date (as much as possible).

I've provided debug report and if necessary I can create a login for you (need your email)?

Thanks

May 5, 2019 at 8:26 am #3742095

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

To further debug this issue, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

✙ Here is my email address: mo.n@onthegosystems.com

Thank you

May 11, 2019 at 6:13 pm #3791219

jaroslawM-5

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!