This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rohan Sadanandan 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Rohan Sadanandan.

Author Posts
August 8, 2019 at 2:25 am #4358993

liS

Yvette :
I look stupid in front of the WPML plugin. Here is another fatal mistake I just made. I tried to set up WPML, but the whole website coding became wrong. If you click the link, you will find the problem. Let me send you user name and password by private info after you receive your response.

August 8, 2019 at 5:17 am #4359677

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support!

It seems like a WPML table is missing in the database, or there was an old WPML install on the site that was not uninstalled correctly.

If this is the case, try these steps:
❌ Before proceeding please make a database backup! ❌

1) Log into your phpMyAdmin
2) Go to wp_options table
3) You will see the field with "SELECT * FROM `wp_options`" text. Below there is a button "Inline". Click it and paste the code:

SELECT * FROM `wp_options` WHERE `option_name` LIKE 'icl_%'

4) Click "Go" button
5) You will see all records where 'option_name' starts with 'icl_'. Please select them and click "Delete" button below the records list.
6) Make sure that you are deleting only three records.

Please let me know if this solves the issue or if you need further help.

Thanks,
Rohan

August 9, 2019 at 2:57 am #4366899

liS

Rohan :
thanks for your information.
I had re-set up the wordpress website hidden link
Please send me a private email, so that I will send you user name and password for you to access to the backend. I need technician to help me install WPML plugin, I can NOT do it by myself, each time it is a scaring experience to meet problems again and again. I simply can not do it now. I am discouraged to my situation.

August 9, 2019 at 5:14 am #4367427

liS

Rohan : today is Friday. Hopefully you can help me out today. I sent you use name and password in my previous email. My request is to help me install WPML plugin and activate it. I am scared to do so because the mistakes happened in my past experience. I am sorry to ask you quick action. thank you.

August 9, 2019 at 6:04 am #4367493

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

I am enabling the private reply.

Thanks,
Rohan

August 9, 2019 at 8:31 am #4368681

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

I just checked your admin. But I cannot find the WPML core plugin there. Only the WPML add-on plugins are there. Have you removed the same?

Thanks,
Rohan

August 9, 2019 at 12:50 pm #4370389

liS

Rohan :
I removed the WPML core plugin. That is why I invited you to install WPML core plugin and activate it. I can NOT do it again, I don't know why the fatal error will happen when I trigger the activation of the WPML core plugin. If you want me to install it, I can install it, but I will have to ask you to activate it. So please accept my request to login the backend and install WPML core plugin for me.
The default language is English;
The translation language is Chinese simplified.
I handled the setting up several times, but not clear why there are often mistakes happen, I have reported my claim to your staff several times, but have not received any feedback. I am under impression that the fatal error comes from my wrong handling process.
I do not want to argue with your staff any longer, simply ask you to help me install WPML core plugin and let me use it smoothly.
Hopefully you can understand my situation.
Thank you.

August 9, 2019 at 12:54 pm #4370411

liS

Rohan :
For your information, I never followed your advice to go to wp_options.
Because I could not find the coding and replace the new one.

1) Log into your phpMyAdmin
2) Go to wp_options table
3) You will see the field with "SELECT * FROM `wp_options`" text. Below there is a button "Inline". Click it and paste the code:

SELECT * FROM `wp_options` WHERE `option_name` LIKE 'icl_%'

What I did was to deactivate all plugins, then ask you to install WPML core plugin and set it up. It is out of my ability to understand and solve the problem.

August 9, 2019 at 2:06 pm #4371057

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

I understand your situation.
We are happy to help you.

Could you please share the FTP details also?
So that I can check this in detail & also access the database.
I will enable the private reply again.

Also, please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server if I cannot fix the issue from the FTP.

Thanks,
Rohan

August 10, 2019 at 1:00 am #4373287

liS

Rohan:
Thanks for your reply.
I did not create FTP and do not how to create FTP. I only have and use cPanel to access to the server. If you need server user name and password, please send me private link for me to give you info. thanks.

August 12, 2019 at 8:52 am #4379369

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

I am enabling the private reply again.
You can enter the server details in the message area.

Thanks,
Rohan

August 12, 2019 at 1:51 pm #4381441

liS

Rohan :
I reset the website to the beginning and restart to build the website this weekend. So I do not need help to access to the server any more. If there is any other issues, I will issue a new ticket. So you may close the ticket now. thank you, have a nice day !

August 12, 2019 at 2:55 pm #4381751

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the information.
If you need any help please let us know.

Thanks,
Rohan