This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.45 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
August 2, 2019 at 7:29 am #4327615

liS

Please help me install and activate two WPML plugins:

WPML Multilingual CMS
Activate | Delete
WPML Multilingual CMS | Documentation | WPML 3.9.0 release notes

Version 4.2.7.1 | By OnTheGoSystems | Visit plugin site
Select WPML String Translation
WPML String Translation

The reason I ask you to help me do it is because I had tried several times, but receiving following warning message and my front end pages can NOT show properly.

"There is a problem with the String Translation table in your site. This problem is not causing a problem running the site right now, but can become a critical issue in the future. WPML support team knows how to fix it. Please add a message in the relevant support thread and we'll fix it for you.

We have detected a problem with some tables in the database. Please contact WPML support to get this fixed.

Table 'seosolut_retirementhomes.site.wp_icl_strings' doesn't exist
Array
(
[language] => en
[context] => admin_texts_wpseo_titles
[gettext_context] =>
[domain_name_context_md5] => e378148fddf4e947517c053abc51db93
[name] => [wpseo_titles]title-home-wpseo
[value] => %%sitename%% %%page%% %%sep%% %%sitedesc%%
[status] => 0
[allow_empty_value] => 1
)

Please send me a private message to ask me to send you WP admin user name and password. If you check out my previous info, I sent it to you yesterday.

August 2, 2019 at 7:33 am #4327673

liS

Here is my screen shot to show you the installing problem . I have to install the theme again for some reason. There is no data necessary to copy. You can do in any way to make the website work quickly,. thanks.

August 2, 2019 at 8:34 am #4328155

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

1. Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

2. Have you created any translations yet?

August 2, 2019 at 1:41 pm #4330517

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I am not getting this message anymore after resetting the tables. Can you please confirm on your end?

THanks

August 2, 2019 at 1:54 pm #4330641

liS

Do you mean you have done something and get it completed?

August 2, 2019 at 2:01 pm #4330679

Yvette
Supporter

Yes - I reset the WPML tables, reconfigured WPML with 2nd language Spanish, and re-installed the WPML Media module.

August 2, 2019 at 2:15 pm #4330793

liS

Yvette :
thanks for your help.
Let me set up WPML core plugin, first language English, the second language Chinese. I want the website bilingual, English and Chinese. Let me try to improve it and will confirm you later.

August 5, 2019 at 9:43 am #4339429

Yvette
Supporter

THat is fine - thanks

August 7, 2019 at 12:45 am #4351053

liS

When you set up WPML for New York Sources, the default language is English, the second translated language is Chinese simplified. It is a two-language site only for English and Chinese.

August 7, 2019 at 3:22 am #4351681
liS

Yvette :
I met problem again when I create new site key for the website, hidden link.
I purchased WPML as an agency. please let me know whether it is not limited to sites creation? Please find the attachment for you to read the screen shot, you are encourage to enter the backend to help me set it up if possible. thank you.

New threads created by Yvette and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-need-your-help-to-install-wpml/

August 7, 2019 at 4:04 am #4351953

liS

Yvette :
When I continue to use WPML, the strange thing happened, please take at a look at attachment, a screen shot of backend, you will find all pages disappear?! There are lots of strange problems when we use WPML. Please check and give me a quick solution. thanks.

August 7, 2019 at 5:22 am #4352113

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Since your quesitons are about a new site, I have split this ticket and created a new one. Our support policy requires that tickets only handle one topic/one site at a time.

We will continue working on the new ticket. We can close this one now.