Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by georgeI-4 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
January 27, 2020 at 4:54 pm #5371735

georgeI-4

Hey there,

We added new admin strings to the theme and they are not showing up in the string translator.

How can we update the WPLM translation DB in order to implement the new entries?

January 27, 2020 at 5:30 pm #5371895

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

I think you need to re-scan the theme again and then see if the strings now show up inside WPML > String Translation (https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/#scanning-the-theme-and-plugins).

Please let me know if that resolved the issue.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

January 28, 2020 at 9:32 am #5375695

georgeI-4

Hey there

If you look at the picture you could see the results I get for translation.

The theme developer added header-desktop-id, header-mobilde-id and footer-id as admin text but it does not display.

January 28, 2020 at 1:21 pm #5377391

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and welcome back.

1. Please let me know where I can find the strings in the code so that I can take a look, too
2. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

January 28, 2020 at 4:25 pm #5379213

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the credentials.

I can confirm that they work.

Can you also please answer my first question above (number 1)?

Kind regards,
Mihai

January 29, 2020 at 8:25 am #5382303

georgeI-4

Hey again, strings should not be searched in the content.

The only thing here is the theme options admin part added to the wpml-config.xml, i.e. the reduxframework theme option select setting for the header ID, footer ID - for each language it should be different.

The only option for that is to add these option to the wpml-config.xml so we wiil be able to change the ID as admin text in the WPML string translation.

This is what the developer says.

January 29, 2020 at 8:43 pm #5387461

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

I understand but I would practically need to know a few string names in order to be able to know what I'm searching for.

The strings that you are looking for might be registered as admin strings and those need to be translated from here: hidden link

Also, here you can find a full guide on how to search for admin text strings:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

Please let me know if that helps, and if it doesn't, I would need to know what are the exact strings that I'm looking after and where they have been added in the code.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

January 31, 2020 at 9:53 am #5397919

georgeI-4

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!