This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Vincenzo 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Vincenzo.

Author Posts
April 29, 2019 at 12:16 pm #3703087

John

I am trying to: Publish new blog posts. They appear as previews but remain drafts in the list of all posts, and are invisible on the page. Searching doesn't find them either.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The page on the website with a link on the front page.

Instead, I got: Circular references to publishing and updating, and the posts remaining in Draft status. The same problem is not there for pages where the WPML translation module is not active.

April 30, 2019 at 12:23 am #3707045

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Are you talking about new posts, even in the default language, or is this happening only with translations?

Also, in WPML > Settings > Translated documents options, is the option selected as "Same as the original document"?

If the problem persists, please as a test, could you disable all non-WPML plugins, switch to the default theme and see if the problem persists?

If the problem is fixed, please, enable the plugins one by one to see if there is any compatibility problem between these plugins.

Thank you.

April 30, 2019 at 4:18 pm #3713209

John

These concerns original posts in English (which is the original language we use). Translations are not being used for the moment. Contents may be translated at a later point in time, however, now we are only publishing materials in English. Also, this problem first occurred app. a week ago. Thing were fine up to that point.

If I try to turn off the WPML Translation Editor on the right hand side of the editor interface of a blog post, then it offers to translate the post or the entire website. Apparently, it turn ON the Translation Editor rather than turning it OFF, even though the toggle shows that it is on.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the WPML settings module. Therefore I cannot select the option you recommend.

Disabling every single plugin and enabling them again one by one is an option that would take an unreasonable amount of time as our site is rather complex. So please confirm that there is no other option at this point.

Thank you.

April 30, 2019 at 8:49 pm #3714879

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Please, what is the version of WPML and WP are you using? I would like to know more about your installation. Can you please provide your WPML Debug information in the debug field below? http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Also, it should be necessary to test whether the same problem happens in a fresh installation. I've created a testing environment for you to test. You can configure WPML as you want and try to replicate the problem using this link (you will be logged in as soon as you click): hidden link

In our testing environment, are you able to replicate the problem you are reporting?

Thank you.

May 3, 2019 at 9:52 am #3732769

John

Hello Bruno, attached is a screenshot of the various WPML plug-ins that are in operation on our site. Debug information will be provided as soon as I have it from our IT provider.

May 3, 2019 at 2:24 pm #3735245

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello, my name is Vincenzo.
Since Bruno currently has a few days off, I will replace him here in the forum.
I hope this is OK with you.

1. If I understand correctly, the issue happens only with new posts created in the default language, is that correct?

2. Can you please tell me if the issue happens with WPML disabled?

3. Can you please try to replicate the issue on the Sandbox created for you here?
- hidden link

4. Can you please paste your WPML Debug information in the Debug information field?
- https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

5. When possible, please try the following steps, preferably on a staging version of the site:
❌ Before proceeding please make a full website backup! ❌
- Disable all the plugins except WPML and its add-ons.
- Set a default theme (eg. Twenty Nineteen).
- If the issue is solved, please re-enable the Plugins one after the other, and check the issue each time you enable a plugin.
It might also be due to the Theme.
Please do reactivate your Theme only after you are sure the issue isn't coming from a 3rd Party Plugin.

- Please report me when the issue comes back.

This is the article explaining how to enable or disable the Translation editor for a specific post, a specific custom post type or for the entire site:
- https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] New blog posts remain drafts after publishing’ is closed to new replies.