This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by OlivierL 5 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrey.

Author Posts
February 24, 2014 at 1:25 pm #346278

OlivierL

Hi there
We made active a new language which was previously hidden and created the homepage but as shown in this short video : hidden link , it doesn't display.
In the video, you will have an overview of our WPML settings,

Thanks for letting me know what's the issue here.

Kind regards,
Olivier

February 24, 2014 at 4:07 pm #346424

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kiev (GMT+03:00)

Dear Olivier,

Thank you for the best explanation of your problem 🙂 Sometimes a screenshots and video explaining all without additional efforts.

The first step in addressing the issue is to kindly request that you update your WPML and WPML add-ons to their latest versions. Can you do this please? I see that you are using old WPML Version 2.9.1 and the latest WordPress.

You can check the latest released versions under "My Account -> Downloads" on this site.
This ZIP includes several ZIP files of the individual WPML components. First, unzip it locally, get the parts that you need and upload them.

The safest way to update the plugins is to:
1. Deactivate (don't worry, your content doesn't change)
2. Delete the folders with the older versions
3. Upload the new versions
4. Activate

Please make sure to use these plugin versions:
> WPML 3.0.2-a
> String Translation 2.0.1
> Translation Management 1.9.1
> WPML Media 2.1.1

Also you can copy the in any case additional CSS from WMPL > Languages > Additional CSS

Please remember to backup your database first before you proceed! You can use a plugin for this if you like (my favorite http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/)

Let me know if the issue persists after the update has been done.

Thanks,
Andrey

February 28, 2014 at 9:10 am #349184

OlivierL

Hi Andrey

I did what you said (except for copying in additional CSS because one word is missing about what I need to copy there) but no changes

I really need to solve that issue as soon as possible

thanks,
Olivier

February 28, 2014 at 4:06 pm #349604

Andrey
Supporter

Dear Olivier,

I would suggest you consider providing me with temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help.
You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thanks,
Andrey

March 6, 2014 at 7:44 am #353185

OlivierL

Hi Andrey sorry for this delay. Here are the logins

Thanks by advance for your help
Olivier

March 6, 2014 at 2:54 pm #353722

Andrey
Supporter

Dear Olivier,

I just realized what the problem, when you click on the Turkish language with language code 'tr', it looks like you have a real folder called 'tr' and Apache server is showing the real folder instead the language, so you just need rename this folder on your web server.

Thanks,
Andrey

March 12, 2014 at 3:20 pm #357697

OlivierL

Thanks andrey - that was it ! Now the homepage displays fine.
Thanks for your help - take care