This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sebastianM-7 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
February 16, 2015 at 11:06 pm #561781

sebastianM-7

Hi Bruno,

I recently added a new language (UK) to my WP and I found the language changes to NZ after a couple of clicks.

From hidden link to hidden link it works fine.
When picking a product on that page it says it goes to the UK version e.g. hidden link but the content is the NZ one and all links in the navigation start to point to the NZ instead of the UK version.

Could the issue be related to having added the language after you had fixed the initial issues? Happy to learn what you are doing so that I can install new languages myself in the future.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,
Sebastian
I visited this URL:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

February 17, 2015 at 6:20 pm #562340

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Sorry, but I did not understand.

In its previous topic - I had answered, was to add a Google Analysts code for each language.

Also, you created the menu with pages or manuals links?

Thank you.

February 17, 2015 at 10:56 pm #562428

sebastianM-7

Hi Bruna,
Thanks for your quick reply.
Nothing to do with the switch that we discussed in analytics. This is a functionality that works for all other language. The link is a custom link that is defined in portfolio (see screenshot). Nothing fancy about it and it has been working for all other languages after you made the initial change to my WP.

Can you see link from UK to NZ that happens when clicking on a product?

Please let me know if you need more specific information.

Many thanks for your help!
Sebastian

February 17, 2015 at 10:58 pm #562430

sebastianM-7

Bruno, I mean - sorry no disrespect.

February 18, 2015 at 2:40 am #562458

sebastianM-7

Thanks I think I solved it by leaving the www. away in links... not sure why that works...might be the domain? Any appreciate your feedback. Cheers,
Sebastian