This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.19 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
May 31, 2019 at 11:40 am

joakimS-9

I am trying to:
I hae just installed wpml on hurryskurry.com. But when doing that wpml changed all old permalinks to swedish. An example
Ols Link: hidden link
New Link: hidden link
The difference is the C anc K in Product/Produkt.

The problem is that our SEO is on the english version we had from the beginning.

My question
1. Is it possible to change back to the english way for links even for Swedish language?

2. I suppose the english link for the same product tag would be: hidden link
Is that right?

3. Will there be other problems for us if we switch to English for the Swedish version as well?

The products on the frontpage I had to redirect to the new link.

May 31, 2019 at 11:43 am #3930269

joakimS-9

This is how we had the links before and what google has fetched

May 31, 2019 at 4:09 pm #3931949

joakimS-9

I think i solved the problem with changing the Slug for different languages. I change to the same as English for swedish.
Is that a problem?

May 31, 2019 at 6:46 pm #3932709

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hi,

I am glad to hear that you found the solution.

Indeed, to slug translation at WPML -> Settings should solve the issue. Let us know if you run into any unexpected events.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 1, 2019 at 10:16 am #3934841

joakimS-9

The installation still has a big problem.
When trying to install wpml for woocommerce, I got this page (included)
This page comes up when i try to empty the cache as well and it started after installation of wpml

June 1, 2019 at 2:54 pm #3935353

joakimS-9

Hi again,
I have now tested and found out that it is the woocommerce-multilingual plugi that's the problem. I have done this:
1. I used the ftp and renamed the plugin folder for woocommerce-multilingual to woocommerce-multilingual-temp.
2. I could login again to admin and plugin meny, and delete the plugin.
3. After that did a check and everything worked fine.
4. I tried to install the woocommerce-multilingual plugin again and got the message above again "The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions."
5. I loged in with ftp and renamed the woocommerce-multilingual folder again and after that I could login to admin and delete the plugin.

My question:
What causes the problem "The site is experiencing technical difficulties...." and how to solve it. We are going to sell products for more countries and need the plugin for woocommerce.

June 3, 2019 at 4:13 pm #3944245

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I tried to access your website but I was not able to access the wp-admin section.

Could you please try to run the site in minimal setup to see if the issue persists?

Please disable any additional plugin that is not related to WPML and its add-ons. If the issue disappears please start reactivating any plugins, or activate them in small groups. This way please verify at which points the issue appears again to indicate the plugin that is causing the issue.

Also please change to a default theme like TwentySeventeen to see if the issue might be theme related.

Further, you could enable the wp-debug feature to see if there are any current PHP errors given.

Add the following to your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

If you open wp-config.php and that define statement is not there, you can add it right before this line:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

You will be able to see errors on front end, backend and further find a complete report inside of your wp-content folder. Look for a debug.log file and provide me the results.

More information about how to activate this feature you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] New links on the site. URGENT’ is closed to new replies.