This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ipdtT 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
August 13, 2019 at 2:29 pm #4388837

ipdtT

I am trying to: get my website with only one option to change language (in the menu).

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

Instead, I got: 2 different options in the menu to change language (one that i activated in the WPML language switcher; another that was online as soon as WPML was activated). I want to disappear the second one.

How can i do it?

August 13, 2019 at 4:39 pm #4389663

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

From what I can see in the code of the site, this second language switcher is directly generated in that area by another plugin or custom code in the current theme, not by our plugin.

However, what you can do is that you can use CSS to completely make that language switcher stop displaying on the site.

Here is the CSS code that you can use:

#masthead .menu-other > li:last-child > a {
    display: none !important;
}

Can you please let me know if that solved the issue for you?

If you don't know how to add that CSS, I am more than happy to implement it on your site if you will be willing to give me site access.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

August 14, 2019 at 10:18 am #4394093

ipdtT

Thanks.
I would appreciate your help.
Can you also help me translating the favicon and also the footer (the Thrive Leads widget and the other information) - can't find the respective strings.
How should I give you access?

August 14, 2019 at 11:56 am #4394653

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

I would be more than happy to help you further.

From my understanding, there is also a different issue happening.

In our forum, we try to keep one issue per ticket.

Continuing with one issue per ticket helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster.

As the original issue is resolved may I kindly ask you to please mark this ticket as resolved and open a new ticket for the additional issue?

Thank you for your understanding!

Kind regards,
Mihai

August 14, 2019 at 2:05 pm #4395775

ipdtT

Ok, i understand. Sorry. I will open another ticket for the other issues.
How should i get you access to the website to solve the second language switcher issue?
Thanks

August 14, 2019 at 5:18 pm #4396849

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

1. Can you please let me know what is the second issue that you are experiencing with the language switcher?

2. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

August 20, 2019 at 10:35 am #4422785

ipdtT

Did you receive the access details?

August 20, 2019 at 11:55 am #4423325

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

Yes, thank you for the credentials.

I received them and I was able to log into the backend successfully.

I also added the CSS for you and the issue looks to be resolved now.

I added the CSS here: Apresentação > Personalizar > Additional CSS (I am also attaching a screenshot of the current CSS that's there now).

Please let me know if this solved the issue and you can confirm it from your side, too.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

August 20, 2019 at 1:41 pm #4424123

ipdtT

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!