This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
September 4, 2019 at 1:19 pm

milan stegeman

I am trying to:
Add a new menu item into the german menu. I've add a custom link into the menu -> collections but this one is not showing in the german version. On the other languages (FR and EN it works just fine).

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
An extra menu item called 'bp brown'

Instead, I got:
The menu item 'bp brown' is missing in the german version.

I've added the menu item just like the other languages but the german one is the only menu that is not showing the custom link in their menu.

September 4, 2019 at 2:45 pm
September 4, 2019 at 3:19 pm #4512471

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Do you know where the text "to bp brown" inside the squares is defined? It's not showing 1:1 the menu in the squares, as the "to" is added additionally. So there must be custom code which extracts the menu and showcase it in the squares.

As the (main) menu itself it's working in German, it can be only a bug in your custom Theme and not in WPML.

Please activate PHP debugging and check the Theme Code for errors in the German language. For example, that the bp brown is added twice to the main menu, it could be a good why it's not working in the squares.

Best Marcel