This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
September 10, 2019 at 12:27 pm

Nate Freedman

I am trying to:
We added a new segment on this CMS page:

hidden link

The row in question is under the Non Commercial Segment, row no. 1140 - CO-WORKING SPACES.

We added it in the US language, but it only translates for the Canadian and UK languages. All other languages are not displaying the new update. An example of the pages:

Translated:
hidden link

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

Not translated pages, row no. 1140 not displayed:
hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see:
The newly added row, no. 1140

Instead, I got:

Enabling the WPML translation option did not fix the issue. I disabled the translation and manually updated the Italian page, but the new field we added is still not displaying.

September 10, 2019 at 10:13 pm #4549113

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

When accessing your backend I receive a couple of important notifications in regards to WPML and your current plugin setup.

First our plugin String Translation needs to be updated in order for WPML to function. The plugin is currently installed twice and not not updated.

Please remove the current plugin folder for String Translation by FTP. In case you experience any issues with the automatic install/update of String Translation please download the latest version here:

https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

Now, in case the install might fail please unzip the plugin archive and upload it manually to your wp-content/plugins folder. Again, make sure the currenlty installed versions are removed.

Further, the WPML Translation Editor is not enabled which comes bundled with our Translation Management Plugin. The WPML Translation Manager is mandatory for WPML to translate page builders like Elementor.

You can enable the WPML Translation Editor at WPML -> Settings. We do have currenlty two versions to choose from. Using the WPML Translation Editor assures that the layout and design of the page builder will be identical for all translated pages.

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-the-translation-editor/

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/

Now, go to the default language page and give a minor edit to the page, like a simple update by adding a space and save the page. Then retranslate it. Does the changed content appear inside of the WPML Translation Editor?

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] New Page content not translated’ is closed to new replies.