This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 11.61 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:New page template so I need to update the template and content

Solution:The translation needs to reach 100% in the translation

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by saschaE-6 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
June 13, 2019 at 3:14 pm #4014255

saschaE-6

Hi there,

I have recently change the template of pages. Which means I need to update the page template for other languages while also updating the content.

What is the best and easiest process to follow?

New English Version: hidden link
Old Version: hidden link

Thank you,
Sascha

June 13, 2019 at 7:08 pm #4016499

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

HI There,

did you create a custom template(ex. page-template-33.php ) or did you manually change it through your page builder ?

after saving the default language , did you get a "loading" icon next to your translation of that page/post?

you should be able to click on it now and re save the translation which should show the change of the layout as well when using WPML's Translation Editor

let me know your results please

June 14, 2019 at 8:18 am #4019145

saschaE-6

Hi there,

Thank you for response.

I created changes manually with page builder. I have attached screen shot of admin page.

If i edit by clicking the gears icon i can see the new english text. Do i need to translate late all the new test and save and complete in order for new template to appear? Currently it is not showing the new text and the old design.

Thanks,
Sascha

June 14, 2019 at 5:19 pm #4023229

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

That is correct, it needs to reach 100% in the translation

once it does you should see the new layout take place , please let me know your results

i did test it on my site and it worked as expected

July 2, 2019 at 9:34 am #4125391

saschaE-6

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!