Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andria 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dat Hoang.

Author Posts
March 3, 2015 at 3:51 pm #570230

Andria

I have been having lots of problem trying to work with your plugin and a theme that is not compatible. It happens all the time I am posting something new. Adding a new post should be something easy and quickly, but it is not as I always have all kind of problems as for example text out of margin and post not showing or disappearing. After hours of research and triggering things around I make it work, but this is getting on me. Last evening my new Spanish post was showing, this morning it is gone.
Can you please explain why this is happening? it happens all the time, either the translation disappear, the whole post or context goes out place. Pls help. Check my site and see for yourself.
hidden link
hidden link

March 4, 2015 at 9:37 am #570664

Dat Hoang

Yes, because the theme is not compatible with WPML, it may cause these kinds of problems.
If possible, I guess using one of compatible themes in: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

#1,

Last evening my new Spanish post was showing, this morning it is gone.

That's strange. And I can not have any idea with just this info.

Do you have any more info? Did you change anything?

#2,
If you disable WPML, can you see your missed post(s)?

NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

March 4, 2015 at 3:36 pm #570968

Andria

It is not strange...I am serious I am having lots of problems. I do not expect to translate the theme, but I expect to be able to do the obvious such as posting context, adding pictures etc. I can not change theme, I just redesigned my site and I spent all my money just doing that....I know my web designed did not take into account the compatibility issue and that was a big mistake that I am paying for now. This theme is so popular everybody has it, who would not expect that you have not work with the theme designer to make compatible. That said yes, I unplugged the plugin and did a few things and my post is now showing to the public. Be aware that I do see the post on my dashboard, but it was not showing publicly. Thanks, Andria