This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
October 4, 2018 at 3:28 pm

oblaum

I am trying to: see in german and the translated english product the new bubble

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
GERMAN hidden link
ENGLISH hidden link

I expected to see: in the english page the new bubble

Instead, I got: only see the new bubble in the german version

the new bubble is not sync. on some product it is and and some not. the new bubble shows automatically the latest products.

i tried already your tools:
/admin.php?page=wpml-wcml&tab=troubleshooting
/admin.php?page=sitepress-multilingual-cms%2Fmenu%2Ftroubleshooting.php

this is a copy of the live server, so you can play around!

October 5, 2018 at 8:53 pm #2791661

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

How do you set a product to have this "New" circle? If it is within the page settings, you can try going to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual and in the Settings tab, change to use the Native WooCommerce editor instead of the translation editor. Then, you can set the page settings for your translated product.

Another option is to go to WPML -> Settings. In the custom fields section, click "Show Custom Fields" and look to see if you see a field related to the "New" circle. If you see it, set it to coy and click Save. Then update the original product, and then update the translation. Now does it show for the translated product?

October 10, 2018 at 7:05 am #2803139

oblaum

hello lauren,

great, thanks for the tipps.
the new bubble is set in the product page.

with the first tipp, i could set the bubble to the other language correct. but this means i need this do always.

with the other tipp i was not able to find the related field, i have contacted the author of the theme which adds the new bubble. but he says already this bug is not known.

if you have another guess would be great. e.g. if have notice that it could be possible that some products are duplicate translated and the other not. could this be an issue? and how to set a duplicate translate back to normal or vice versa?

thanks
oli

October 10, 2018 at 1:47 pm #2804510

Lauren
Supporter

It seems that this is a compatibility issue with your theme. A few others (including yourself) have reported it in the past.

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/new-not-showing-on-some-products/
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/cant-translate-a-custom-tab-from-flatsome-theme/

Does it still work if you duplicate the product and then translate it, as mentioned in your previous ticket? I also went to WPML -> Settings and see that the field wc_productdata_options is set to copy, but it seems that field is not copying.

You may be able to set these custom fields and attributes to copy, and perhaps the theme author could assist you with the field types/names? Then you could follow this documentation and add the code to WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML Configuration. https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#custom-fields

Otherwise, we can try reaching out to the theme author to see if they will work with us to resolve the issue, but I should warn you that the last time we reached out to resolve a similar solution we did not get a response.

In the meantime, the existing workaround is to edit the product using manual translation in the native WooCommerce product editor.

October 10, 2018 at 1:49 pm #2804525

Lauren
Supporter

I forgot to answer your question about duplicate vs. translate. When you first create a product, you can translate it by clicking the "+" sign or you can duplicate it by checking the box to duplicate. When a product is duplicated, its content is synced with the content of the original product. If you decide to translate the product, you can click "Translate Independently". If you decide you would like to go back to syncing the products, you can click "Overwrite with content from [original product name]. Then the products will once again by synced to the original content.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.