Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.11 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by jimmys-8 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Mateus Getulio.

Author Posts
May 3, 2021 at 4:51 pm #8678391

jimmys-8

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I am a developer helping a client, we have created a new design (Divi) but the translated pages are still showing the old design. I can't find any recent information about how to convert Spanish pages over to the new design. I only found one article that is 5 years old. What are the step to convert the Spanish pages over to the new design.

new design in English: devgrocery.wpengine.com
old design in Spanish: hidden link

Any help is greatly appreciated.

May 3, 2021 at 7:47 pm #8678923

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Before your ticket is assigned to one of my colleagues, please allow me to walk you through some initial debugging steps. This will help speed up the support process.

What translation method have you used to translate the pages? If you are using one of the translation editors, please try these steps:
- Go to the edit screen of the page (original language).
- Do a small modification on the page and save
- On the right sidebar, click to edit the translation
- edit the translation and save

Please let us know if it worked for you.

May 3, 2021 at 8:20 pm #8678983

jimmys-8

I am not sure what you mean by what method? The client edited it manually, they did not use a 3rd party service. I edited the home page and updated, but the spanish pages is still the old design.

May 4, 2021 at 1:28 pm #8685739

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hey Jimmy,

Thanks for contacting us. I'll be happy to assist you with this!

What my colleague asked before is if your client used one of our Translation Editors to do the translation (the Classic Editor or the Advanced Translation Editor). The other option would be to translate it through the Divi editor. Have you tested the steps suggested? It can solve the issue. Please try it and tell us the results.

Also, by looking at your debug info, we see two possible culprits for this behavior. One can be that you're running outdated versions of our plugins, and the other that your website's WP Memory Limit is 40MB. Could you please correct it? First, update WPML and its add-ons to their current version:

**IMPORTANT** - Please make a backup of the site files and database before doing the following procedure.

- Inside your wp-admin please go to Dashboard -> Updates
- Then click on the "Check again" button
- After that, please select every WPML plugin available in the list and then click on "Update Plugins"

Next, the WP memory limit needs to be increased as the minimum requirement for WPML is 128MB. Please check it out: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

- Please add this to your wp-config.php file to increase WP memory:

/* WP Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

- Paste it just before:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Please let us know if those instructions help you fix the issue.

Best regards,
Mateus.

May 4, 2021 at 2:07 pm #8685991

jimmys-8

quick question, I do not see any available updates. Which specific WPML plugin are you saying is out of date?

May 4, 2021 at 4:38 pm #8687535

jimmys-8

we have updated the memory but no changes to the spanish side.

Is there a number I can call so we can speed up this issue?

May 4, 2021 at 4:50 pm #8687573

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hey there,

Thanks for your reply.

The WPML core plugin and all of add-ons are outdated, according to your debug info. For instance:

- the site is using WPML Multilingual CMS version 4.3.12, while the most recent is 4.4.10
- String Translation: 3.0.9, the updated version is 3.1.8
- Translation Management: 2.9.6, the updated version: 2.10.6

Another option for you is to exclude the current plugins, download their most recent version here: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/, and then upload them on your Plugins screen. It won't affect any of your translations. Also, have you already tried the previously suggested solutions?

May 4, 2021 at 5:00 pm #8687803

jimmys-8

Also, re-registered the site on the development server and was able to then see plugin updates, so everything you requested has been completed but still no difference.

May 4, 2021 at 5:18 pm #8687855

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

May 4, 2021 at 5:41 pm #8688129

jimmys-8

please give me the fields so I may post my credentials

May 4, 2021 at 6:29 pm #8688301

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hey there,

I’m marking your next message as private one more time, can you please check if you're able to see the fields now?

Thank you, please let us know.

May 4, 2021 at 9:12 pm #8688935

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hey there,

I've just checked your website and could see that the Spanish translation for the homepage was not completed. There were several filled fields, but the checkboxes "Translation is complete" on them were not marked.

After I made this correction and saved the translation, the Spanish page started to display the correct layout. Please check: hidden link

Could you please review it once more and make sure that the translations are complete? Thanks, let us know.

Regards,
Mateus.

May 4, 2021 at 9:25 pm #8689015

jimmys-8

I am not seeing this: hidden link

I am confused.

May 4, 2021 at 9:27 pm #8689019

jimmys-8

Plus the home page is now missing Imagery

hidden link the top right image is missing

May 5, 2021 at 1:49 am #8689275

jimmys-8