This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
June 26, 2019 at 8:53 pm #4095073

johnL-32

I am trying to: pull strings for translating updated content

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Homepage

I expected to see: on the backend, that the current english text on purple banner "Click here for upstander resources" appears

Instead, I got: stings are not available

Moreover, per my last support ticket, it looks like Laura updated the Arvada theme so I now notice the dev site does not match the look of the prod site - I need help in how to move forward so that we can pinpoint issue in development, translate new content in development and replicate in prod.

June 26, 2019 at 11:14 pm #4095349

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

This text is based on plugin options and can be translated with String Translation.

First, go to WPML -> Theme and PLugin Localization and scan the plugin used to create the banner for new strings.

Then go to WPML -> String Translation.
You might use the text search field in order to locate it.

If the string will not appear select the option "translate strings in admin screens" at the bottom of the screen.

Now, search for the correct domain of the used plugin.

Locate the string and mark ark the checkbox for the string, scroll to the bottom and apply your selection.

The string is now available on String Translation. If you are using the same logo simply translate the same ID or URL.
In case the Logo has an ID you will need to replace it with a different image you will find the correct ID for the replacing image inside your Media section. It is visible inside the browser address line once you entered the images attachment page.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas