This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lucy 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
August 25, 2019 at 6:30 pm #4454967

Lucy

I recently ordered new translations of several pages of my website on icanlocalize. However the new translations are not showing on the front end. Instead the front end shows an older translation of the pages. How can I get the new translations showing? Thanks

August 26, 2019 at 12:06 pm #4458293

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Coudl I take a closer look at this on your system?
Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

Please also provide a link to the page(s) where this is happening.

August 26, 2019 at 12:59 pm #4458749

Yvette
Supporter

For these pages....what language is showing the "old" translation?
I can see from the dashboard that there are several language version of these pages that are still "in progress" at ICanLocalize...so the new translations are not going to show.

Can you please clarify? e.g. give me one page and one language version that is clearly not showing updated content and which has a fully completed translation job associated.

Thanks

August 26, 2019 at 1:37 pm #4459263

Lucy

Hi,
An exact example is the contact page in Czech, so here:
hidden link

This page is showing an old translation of the contact page in Czech rather than the new translation, which is complete. Obviously I want to publish the new translation. But I can't find any way to do this. No matter what I do it still shows the old Czech translation.

Thanks

August 26, 2019 at 2:30 pm #4459749

Yvette
Supporter

Ok - just to be sure I am seeing the correct problem.

In the Czech frontend currently, the 3rd title on sidebar says "Pro Media" but the completed Translation Editor says it shoudl be "Dotazy ostatních lidí nepracujících v sexu".

1. Is this correct?
2. Is there any type of caching on your server? Have you tried purging the cache?
3. If you temporarily deactivate all non-WPML plugins does the correct translation show?

Thanks for the clarifications/confirmations.

August 26, 2019 at 2:36 pm #4459863

Lucy

Thanks. Yes you are correct. I have tried purging cache and deactivating non WPML plugins too and this doesn't help. I believe the problem is that the translation showing on the front end is a non WPML translation. You can actually see this in the Admin if you choose to edit a page and then change the language using the language switcher at the top of the page. If you do this exactly you then see the 'old' translation. However I cannot see how I can get WordPress to disregard this old translation and instead use the new WPML translations. Thanks

August 26, 2019 at 3:09 pm #4460083

Yvette
Supporter

OK - thanks, I am going to try this.

August 28, 2019 at 12:51 pm #4474325

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I´ve escalated your ticket to our 2nd tier support group for resolution.

Please note that I attempted to resend the Contact page through translation (local) to see what strings would be proposed and found that doing this made the existing translated strings in the Translation Editor disappear.

Your frontend is still ok.

At this point, I think that it is best for our 2nd tier to take over as it seems that there is some kind of mismatch on what has been transalted.

August 28, 2019 at 3:57 pm #4475797

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Do we have your permission to take a Duplicator copy of your site in order to test locally?

August 28, 2019 at 9:18 pm #4476901

Lucy

Hi Yvette,

Yes I give permission for you to do that test.

Regards the new translations getting lost, I encountered that same issue when playing around. But it is not a problem as icanlocalize has a backup of the translations. Once the core problem here has been addressed and I can update the translations, I can request fresh copies of the icanlocalize translations if needed.

Thanks

Lucy

August 29, 2019 at 7:29 am #4478227

Yvette
Supporter

THank you. I will let 2nd tier know this.

September 4, 2019 at 9:31 am #4509681

Lucy

Hi,

Is there any update yet? We are waiting to update our website but can't update the translated pages.

Thanks

September 4, 2019 at 10:44 am #4510227

Yvette
Supporter

I have contacted the 2nd tier supporter who has been working on this with the developers of the Translation Services gateway.

Unfortunately, he has been trying to reach this URL:
hidden link

But keeps getting a Wordfence Security block.
When I try this URL, I get the login screen with no issues I am connecting from Western Europe. He is trying to connect from another geogrpahical region.

Can you help out here so he can do what he needs to resolve the issue?

September 4, 2019 at 1:58 pm #4511637

Lucy

Thanks, I have fixed that issue I believe. We did indeed have a Wordfence block on logins from certain countries, but I have temporarily removed the block.

September 4, 2019 at 2:28 pm #4512011

Yvette
Supporter

Thanks - I am notifying the 2nd tier supporter now.