This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ankit 4 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Ankit.

Author Posts
June 22, 2015 at 3:53 pm #643641

Ervin

I've installed the new wpml version but in the moment i activate wpml cms the front end of my website goes blank.Back end still work but i can't see anything in the front end.
Thanks in advance

June 23, 2015 at 6:30 am #643974

Ankit

Hi Ervin,

Thank you for contacting wpml support.

Can you please do following for me ?

1. Deactivate all non-related wpml plugins and switch to default wordpress theme (Twenty Fifteen), check if issue still persists or not?
// IMPORTANT: Please take database backup of your website before performing these steps, it may require in case something goes wrong.

If issue persists, proceed to next step.

2. Add following lines to wp-config.php of your site.

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

This will create a debug.log file inside /wp-content/ directory on your server.

Remember to add those lines before following line

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

For more information on debugging wpml, please refer: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Now, activate the wpml plugins and repeat the steps which causes white screen, if issue happens again, I would request you to kindly send me the content of debug.log file.

Let me know your response.

Regards
Ankit

The topic ‘[Closed] New version bought: wordpress website doesn't open when wpml is installed’ is closed to new replies.